PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

I just got my Christmas present. It was a reduced Kenwood Chef Titanium KM010. Needless to say, even though it was reduced it will be my only indulgence this year!

I think of it as Oldstyle as it will help me prepare home made food and hopefully make sure I can cut back on rubbish in preprepared food. That's my justification and I'm sticking to it! :D

I also consider it moneysaving as I have had various blenders and food processors over the last few years which have just burnt out from overuse. On that basis alone if this machine lasts 5 years then I will have broken even.

And now to be honest to myself I want to have a play! Has anyone got any advice, links to recipes or anything unusual or non-standard that you can do with this beast. Are there any other attachments that people have that they would recommend? This already has the food processor and the liquidiser.

Does it have a tea making attachment that no-one talks about?

Already made crumble and the flatmate made a spirrulina shake - he loves the taste of pond. :D

I could make it better myself at home. All I need is a small aubergine...

I moved to Liverpool for a better life.
And goodness, it's turned out to be better and busier!

Comments

• rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Love mine - though after 7 years I have upgraded to a seperate fp - as I found that on just a bit small.

I have numerous attachments - pasta maker, juicer, sasuage maker - all fun but totally unnneccesary! I'd use the dough hook to make bagels - because they are so much better than bought and because the dough is so hard to knead by hand
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    i had mine last year for my birthday its fab :):T

i no longer use my bread maker i just use the dough hook on my kenwood chef , i have a grinder attachment which i use for coffee beans and nuts and a blender which i use for soups , its brilliant i do all my cakes , batters, even butter in it . i have a pasta maker attachment which i have used a couple of times , but not rally bothered about it
  • morganlefay
    morganlefay Posts: 1,220
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I know this isn't quite what you want - not at all exciting, but I still get HUGE pleasure from putting the ingredients for a cake, or something like that in mine (e bay, a couple of years ago) and WALKING AWAY while it does the work :j
  • dronid
    dronid Posts: 599
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 5 October 2012 at 3:23PM
    I know this isn't quite what you want - not at all exciting, but I still get HUGE pleasure from putting the ingredients for a cake, or something like that in mine (e bay, a couple of years ago) and WALKING AWAY while it does the work :j

Oh I think that's exciting. I'm someone who thinks that Washing Machines, Dishwashers and Tumble Dryers are exciting. Looking back at some Old Style bits are horrible. I never enjoyed washing up and, as it turned out, always used more water than the machine does and as for washing clothes on with a board and mangle... well my life is busy enough as it is. I wouldn't mind hanging out clothes but I am in the middle of London and live in a flat - damp would be a real problem and given I'm surrounded by dancers who need to wash and change kit regularly it's mission enough!:D

I will say I am seriously looking at the mincer as a useful way to use up leftovers and the Mini Mill as a spice grinder for curries etc.

• morganlefay
    Forumite
    I agree with you - I've been married for 40 years and got my first clothes washer 40 years ago, but I STILL enjoy watching through the porthole as the dirt gets swished away in there :beer:
  • morganlefay
    Forumite
    One kenwood gadget I really like is the colander and seive thingie. I use it for pippy fruit (usually in autumn) and make blackberry puree, or plums/damsons etc or any fruit that has nasty bits in. I stew them briefly and then put them in the seive/colander thingie and get lovely pip-free fruity purees - lovely with yoghurt, on icecream, and i'm going to try swirling some through a cake soon (very Nigel Slater - I hope) it freezes well and tastes very good and fresh and natural.
  • the lemon juicer attachment is ridiculously expensive compared to the cost of a manual one but I love it. The ice cream maker too.

Kenwood cakes are amazing and the bread (using the dough hook) is so easy. You are very lucky to have one! I've had mine a year and love it to bits.
    As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again
  • dronid
    dronid Posts: 599
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    If it hadn't been discontinued and heavily reduced I wouldn't have got it.
    So far today
    Mashed Swede and Potato for Potch for lunch
    Julienned the carrots
    Flatmate made Bitter Orange Marmalalade Sticky Toffee Pudding. Oh for the ice cream maker - I'd've made some to go with it.

All leftover veg will be mashed with it into Bubble and Squeak and then baked with cheese on top for freezing for sandwiches.

I do need the multi mill for spices and coffee as we can get hold of free coffee beans.

• Oh my! Got my early chrissy prezzy yesterday! Kenwood chef!!! Am over the moon! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • i dont know if they still do the potato peeler thingy?
    i remember years ago my dad got one for his Kenwood
    we loaded the potatoes in
    switched it on and waited
    lots of rumbling around
    we opened it and all the lovely big potatoes were the size of marbles :o

ok we left them in too long
    but it was one of those, we used once and never again:rotfl:

it was a huge metal bowl with a lid, and it was lined with what appeared to be metal looking sandpaper

what a thing to clean as well :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport