Options
124»

Comments

• sashman
    sashman Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Katie14 wrote: »
    I am planning to refurbish my sash and case windows - Glasgow tenement flat with 9 windows
    Victorian Sash co have been recommended and are quoting £4000 for the job
    Anyone had any e pertinence of this company?
    Does price seem reasonable?

there are 3 Victorian sash companies all trading from the same address....!!!

PM me and I will email you the website
    Buying quality goods which last, should be an investment that saves money. :T
    Buying cheap products which fail, wastes money and costs twice as much in the long run. :mad:

• scotsmale
    Options
    hi i was looking to get some sash windows replaced or repaired but wanted to ask if anyone can recommend me some companies etc.

thanks
  • peterarm90
    Options
    Although this is an old thread I would like to point some things out about Freelance Windows.

As an EX-employee I have some inside knowledge of the company.

First of all 'Christophersmith' was an ex installer for the company who left with 'amg' to subcontract so that post is obviously spam trying to get themselves more work, no doubt 'amg' was a good installer though he was around 65 years old and worked from a van.

'Juliescot', if it is the same 'juliescott' I believe it is she was a serial caller who had her windows inspected several times after installation for draught and leaks and was advised that the render work on the exterior of her property was not in good condition therefore no good seal could be guaranteed, as a window company they do not provide render work....Obvious.

While I can admit that Freelance is not the most amazing company there is and do not get everything 100%, they do try to provide a high level of work that is cost efficient to the customer and generally do their best to make sure everyone of their customers is happy.

They do not take deposits (unless its on a supply only basis) and only ask for payment on completion of the installation providing the customer is satisfied with the job.
  • scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    Options
    peterarm90 wrote: »

While I can admit that Freelance is not the most amazing company there is and do not get everything 100%

This is probably the reason there are so many posters on this thread complaining about them.

Amazingly another newbie "liked" your first post only hours after you posted it
  • Mook88
    Options
    We've found this company - mmtimberwindows.com/index.php?id=1, called their consultant and he arranged everything for us. We're waiting for our slding sash to be installed. The contact was grat, prices fair, can't wait for the results.
  • peterarm90
    Options
    Well 'Scotsbob' name me a company who do get everything right ALL the time and never make mistakes?
    During my time at the company I can remember several times where people who had windows fitted by other 'reputable' companies such as CR, Everest Etc called to complain they had draughts/leaks and so on but where told they would get an appointment sent out in writing within the next 6-8 weeks but needed it done much sooner as it was winter and it was in a young child bedroom, now to me that is the worst kind of customer service.

and you quoted me saying "While I can admit that Freelance is not the most amazing company there is and do not get everything 100%" though not the rest of the paragraph, strange, have you had personal dealing with the company and first hand experience?
  • Jojocat
    Jojocat Posts: 47 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 November 2015 at 2:20PM
    Options
    My flat's in a tenement that was built around 1870 and the council's put a 'conservation area' label on. The building was renovated by GCC in 1985; they removed the old timber sash + case frames and put in timber tilt single glazed windows. The frames are starting to rot at the front and when I called GCC, they said I need planning permission to remove the tilt ones & put in sash timber frames as I can't do 'like for like' - because they want the old style (sash) back.
    Anyone else gone through this ?
    Is it complicated to apply for planning permission?
    Do I need an architect to do this and how much would this add to the cost?
    (flat's on the ground floor, 2 normal sized tenement windows + 4 slim windows)
  • skimmy
    Options
    MM Timber Windows is a great manufacturer very well know in Poland, great products.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure