I want info regarding NEXT furniture.

HI all :)

I was looking to buy the "Dakota" furniture set from NEXT, because of the cost i was going to buy half now and the rest at the end of the year. My question is, does NEXT furniture change with each cataloge or is the "dakota" range likely to be in the Aut/wint cataloge. :confused:
"Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone, and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering"

Comments

• gazza975526570
    gazza975526570 Posts: 3,275 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think Dakota has been in the catalogues for a while - not sure about future ones though. Why not give them a call to check, or get it all on your directory card and transfer the balance to a 0% deal
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got caught out with some of the Next range. I bought a sideboard from the Westbourne range and planned to buy a tall CD drawer unit after Christmas only to find they didn't sell it anymore. They still have that range but not the item I wanted! The item I wanted was only available for 1 season :(
  • kiddy_guy
    kiddy_guy Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Martin

I would say that it is safe to buy half now half later. The range will not change much - if you'd like to PM me I will check for you.
  • Davef_2
    Davef_2 Posts: 24 Forumite
    HI all :)

I was looking to buy the "Dakota" furniture set from NEXT, because of the cost i was going to buy half now and the rest at the end of the year. My question is, does NEXT furniture change with each cataloge or is the "dakota" range likely to be in the Aut/wint cataloge. :confused:

I was going to suggest perhaps you could e-mail Next and ask them. That was until I looked at their site and for e-mail enquiries it says "Please allow 18 working days for a reply to your email"

Maybe give them a call instead?
  • merlinormartin
    merlinormartin Posts: 1,578 Forumite
    I got caught out with some of the Next range. I bought a sideboard from the Westbourne range and planned to buy a tall CD drawer unit after Christmas only to find they didn't sell it anymore. They still have that range but not the item I wanted! The item I wanted was only available for 1 season

Knowing my luck, thats what will happen to me!
    was going to suggest perhaps you could e-mail Next and ask them. That was until I looked at their site and for e-mail enquiries it says "Please allow 18 working days for a reply to your email"

Maybe give them a call instead
    ?

Yep i noticed the 18 day reply, so i didnt bother lol. I was a little cynical and thought they might tell me it will be available, so i buy the first half :o

Thanks everyone for your replies. :T
    "Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone, and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering"
  • Hi op,

The next home stores have 0% finance if you spend over £350 (well it was the last time we bought furniture) We had a near miss with the ranges being changed (after furnishing half the room!) luckily they discontinued the range "hudson" in 2 stages and we managed to get everything we needed...

From memory the finance requires a 10% deposit.
  • merlinormartin
    merlinormartin Posts: 1,578 Forumite
    The next home stores have 0% finance if you spend over £350

Thanks alot!.. i didnt realise NEXT offered 0%.
  • Just a word of warning to everyone who might like this furniture at Next!

We bought our furniture at Next as they had a 0% offer on at the time. It wasn't until it was delivered that I had a look online to try and find it cheaper elsewhere as a comparision. Most of the items were DOUBLE the price!!

I canceled my order with Next and went with Trade Furniture Company as they seemed to have most of the items I wanted. I also phoned them up (as I had a large order) and haggled a cheaper price as I was buying quite a lot of items.

Trade Furniture Company
    www.tradefurniturecompany.co.uk/

Mercers Furniture
    http://www.mercersfurniture.co.uk/home.php?cat=481

D to D Furniture
    http://www.d2dfurniture.co.uk/Dakota-Furniture/

Inspire Interiors
    http://www.inspire-interiors.co.uk/w...0gQgodp Em00g

Some of these sites also list on e-bay but seem to put up their prices slightly so your best ordering from them direct.

Hope this is of use for some people!
    Mortgage as Sept 2012: £96,000
    Mortgage free: When i'm 39 / Sept 2023

Mortgage repayment = £588
    Tracker Rate 1.99% above base: 2.49%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts