Turkey crown prices?

Comments

• Nenen wrote: »
    Sorry to be thick... probably a stupid question... but what makes you prefer to buy a turkey crown to a whole turkey? Doesn't it work out cheaper to buy a whole trukey and just discard the legs if you really don't like the meat on legs?

Small oven? Small family? However, I do think that they are generally overpriced for what they actually are. Anyway, what do I know? It will probably be a Bernard Matthews Turkey Roast with a sprig of holly in the top for me ... :cry:
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Nenen wrote: »
    Sorry to be thick... probably a stupid question... but what makes you prefer to buy a turkey crown to a whole turkey? Doesn't it work out cheaper to buy a whole trukey and just discard the legs if you really don't like the meat on legs?

Turkey crowns take far less time to cook and if you don't like the legs as well it seems a very MS thing to buy!

I paid a tenner the other week from Tesco for a frozen one, fresh are alot more expensive.
    :wave:
  • There's only the two of us, and I want it as something a bit "special" for Christmas day. We also do have a very small oven, we had to look a while to find a roasting tin small enough!! OH isn't adventurous enough to try duck or pheasant (which I thought would be a nice alternative) so a crown it has to be :rolleyes:
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We always buy a crown - me, hubby, MIL and little one. Can't be bothered dealing with the whole turkey thing. Generally a lot less waste on a Crown.

EM xx
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • I bought a frozen turkey crown from Tesco last week. It cost £10.00 & serves 8-10 people, it comes ready stuffed & with the bacon on top.
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    We buy a crown because it's easier than handling a turkey big enought to feed 16 people LOL
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • shazrobo
    shazrobo Posts: 3,313 Forumite
    justbeen to aldi, after reading this thread and bought a crown for 6.99, lot cheaper than any i've seen any where else
    enjoy life, we only get one chance at it:)
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Saw some in iceland last wee - 3 sizes I think ranging in price from 8.99 - 12.99.
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • Kez100
    Kez100 Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    benscorsa wrote: »
    I buy all my meat from there, as i heard about their campaign a couple of years ago in the newspaper, you should look at the website to find out about them.

You've googled the wrong site mate. Your crowns are over 4x the price per kg of Aldi.

You want to join MoreMoneyThanSenseExpert
  • Mme.Hibou
    Mme.Hibou Posts: 1,667
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Kez100 wrote: »
    You've googled the wrong site mate. Your crowns are over 4x the price per kg of Aldi.

You want to join MoreMoneyThanSenseExpert

You're kidding yeah? You're comparing 2 totally different products, one free range and one low end supermarket chain. There is bound to be a difference in price and quality.
    ,___,
    (oVo)
    /)vvv)
    /m m
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business