Cancel 3 Contract Early

2»

Comments

• So I hear, how bad are 3 when trying to cancel? Do I have to ask to be put back to a UK representative?

Or just "I want my contract cancelled NOW - I am not interested in any sort of deal. I just want my contract cancelled; NOW"

I really won't stand for transfer to transfer and no results. Can I go to a 3 store perhaps?

I am really worried now, as by the looks of things - 3 are IMPOSSIBLE to cancel?

Thanks

Niko.
  • Tigert
    Tigert Posts: 467
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Haven't had a problem cancelling in the past. Just had to listen to them going through various offers and kept saying no.

If you don't want to do that, write to them.
    LBM : March 2008 :cry:
    Debt Free Date : 25th July 2012 :)
    DMP Mutual Support Thread: #170
    Long Haul Supporters Thread : #115
  • Ok, I think I can handle them trying to keep me - and you say their is no early cancellation fees?

Thank you. I will ring this evening, hopefully, they will just cancel the damn thing!

Niko.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    ryrniko121 wrote: »
    - and you say their is no early cancellation fees?

You asked about cancellation fees in your op, and have been advised about them in subsequent posts.

No-one has told you there is no early cancellation fees!
  • soul619
    soul619 Posts: 562 Forumite
    Quentin wrote: »
    You asked about cancellation fees in your op, and have been advised about them in subsequent posts.

No-one has told you there is no early cancellation fees!

i did i said you have to pay end of contract ONLY hence no fee's
  • SemperFi wrote: »
    I'm stuck with them for another 12 months despite the fact that I can no longer receive 3G where I live. (I used to be able to, they've been screwing with my local masts). They want 12 x £35 or whatever from me! Joy! (shows as a credit on my account and the account expires in 12 months time AFAIK).

I took out a contract on a mobile for my shop with 3, contract was for 18 months at about £18 a month, the phone has never worked in my shop I have had to go across the carpark to use it and people couldnt get through which kinda defeated the object of having the phone in first place...in fact my house which is literally around the corner is also unable to pick up 3...as we had a problem with a laptop my fiance bought me on a 3 contract too (this being after I took out mobile contract so I didn't know about the problem!), but on the maps they show you in Currys and such it reckons there is strong coverage in my area (utter rubbish!). Anyway my business folded after only 6 months and I now have a phone with a 12 month contract left to run that I cannot use, I cant use it instead of my regular mobile as it doesnt work in my house as previously mentioned and as the coverage is so patchy I am reluctant to rely on it out and about anyway. So I seem to be stuck with having to pay £18 a month for something that I cant use that is actually in the box doing nothing. I am wondering if it is worth paying the contract off now and getting phone unlocked and selling as it is one fo the latest handsets so must be worth a few bob? 3 did say to me that if I coudl find someone to take over the contract then that would be a way out of the situation, only other options beiing to pay it all off now or let contract run and pay monthly. I will never ever go with 3 again though their coverage is just too patchy, this is definitely a lesson learnt!
  • I spoke to them today, and they told me I could buy it out - I will seriously consider this, and most likely next week get it cancelled.

Also, does it cancel there and then? Or do you still get the rest of the month - as I would of paid for that one, not including the other fees.

Thanks

Niko
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    If you don't want to take your number with you, why not just keep it going (with the sim in a drawer) and let it run its course. Then you have the use of it if you want, and at no extra cost.
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    I will never ever go with 3 again though their coverage is just too patchy, this is definitely a lesson learnt!

Not sure why you think that. It's patchy in your area, All networks have patchy area.
    My Vodafone is lousy in Lakeside shopping centre, but fine outside, all the metal in the place plays havoc with the radio signal, nothing can change the fact that no mobile is ever going to work well inside area with a load of built concrete and metal, (ie most shopping centres) unless there are local repeaters in the place.

No network is perfect, and no network checker can predice the effect of buildings or terrain on the signal with 100% accuracy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure