First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    gabbyevs wrote: »
    the phone should already be blocked by tthe network

and why is it a shame he'll lose his job-hes a thief

No job = claim benefits. :j
  • Forwandert
    Forwandert Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Drag an image of his face into Google images browser bar if he has pictures on the internet anywhere it should bring him up on the image search possibly with a name.

http://www.google.com/insidesearch/features/images/searchbyimage.html

http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en
  • banger9365
    banger9365 Posts: 1,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 November 2012 at 1:50AM
    you could try looking at samsung dive to see were it is ,if you loged in when you got it,and you could lock it ,wipe it and even look at who he as rang in that time ,
    track it and make it cry out too ,which is fun ,it will even tell you the phone number its using
    the best thing is with out your password it cannot be changed unless you wipe it ,
    it do's not matter which network he/she is using or country it is in and they cannot wipe the phone with out your password unless they use odin and but new software on it,
    samsung dive on most off the new samsung phone and its free to have and use
    there or their,one day i might us the right one ,until then tuff

• Rusty! wrote: »
    If it's still linked to your Dropbox account, then the phone hasn't been wiped. Try this: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb

I agree this is a good idea!
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 November 2012 at 10:45AM
    bobster999 wrote: »
    thats great! im bookmarking that incase i ever lose mine.

While you're in possession of the phone, install the 'proper' Lookout now:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout
  • united66
    united66 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Thanks for the replies all.

I have tried installing plan B remotely. But I need the number he is using to text the phone to get a location update.

Eitherway, does 3 have to give me the initial IMEI number now I have a crime number? they said they can't anymore cuz it isn't registered on their network. I never registered for Dive - wish I would - I just got it stolen so quick into my contract I hadn't had time to get it set up as I wanted!
    Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers - make sure your hands are clean. Bob Marley - Legend.

• united66
    I've just looked at the Plan B app and it says my phone is on 'Warid'

Says 'Warid GTI 9300' look's like the asian/indian taxi driver has finally registered it on to another network and not wiped it the FOOL. I've just installed Plan B to it.
    Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers - make sure your hands are clean. Bob Marley - Legend.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Holiday Haggler
    edited 9 November 2012 at 12:24PM
    Out of interest, does the Samsung Galaxy S3 embed GPS coordinates into it's photos? You might be able to grab the location of his home from the uploaded dropbox photos!

You need to look at the EXIF information from the file

Upload it here and it'll tell you: http://regex.info/exif.cgi

Edit: I just tried it out by turning on 'geotagging' on my photos (mine also sync to dropbox) and it worked! very cool if my phone ever gets pinched
  • united66
    Where do I get co-ordinates on the results page

• There will be a big map displayed - if it doesn't then you didn't have geo-tagging setup
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure