December Debt Destruction!!!

Comments

• p0lly
    p0lly Posts: 134 Forumite
    NSD 5 for me am only just thawing out from walking to and from work. Hope everyone had a good day p0lly x
    JBFF # 20 NSD 12/25
    Jan Grocery budget £77 /100
  • gelmc
    gelmc Posts: 89 Forumite
    MORNING!!!!

L2B and GelMC I'm sorry you guys are feeling down.. I have given over an extra £300 towards debt this month on top of £350 overdraft so am down to £156... This includes the food I haven't quite got round to buying.. Food prices this weekend.. Meal with friends back home, work Christmas meal.. Ummm maybe bike We will get GelMC into her house.. Even if it's void of furniture.. We will get what we want! It's embracing austerity, restricting ourselves ( I love that word ).. Pulling tight those purse strings, bargain hunting.. We will get out the other side and celebrate together!!!!

Now that's a battle cry, if ever I heard one, and such supportive words too. Muchas gracias!

I had a spend day today as feeling bunged up with the lurgy and didn't feel like cooking. Spent over £6 in M & S on two items. I know it's overpriced but will get back to cooking at the weekend.

Did get some good news yesterday as I've got on the MSc in Psychology I applied for. Now I just need to go to the Head at my school, and see if I can go p/t next year. Cross everything for me //\\
  • A NSD for me making total of 4 I think. No exercise today but have been working hard so that should count.

Just doing an online shop order for Sat so not tempted to buy any thing more than needed.

Another busy day tomorrow so should be a NSD again
    You can if you think you can .
  • Peekaboo all :D

Today I had a minor minor spend in the form of guilt money. I am offsetting it against money earned (#1 of my 3 allowed offsets!!) I've been on maternity leave since March & the harmless but village idiot type who has been doing the more manual parts of my old job role is leaving tomorrow to follow his girlfriend to Essex for her job. Boss suggested a £2 donation towards his silver cricket ball paperweight was not mandatory... but, considering that he has done a HELL of a lot to keep my finance afloat at work over the last 8 months, £2 is not a lot. Offsetting against £65 for a few hours overtime = total made of £63.

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE CAN I HAVE AN NSD KAT?!?!?!?!

Plus side, 1.5 hours exercise completed today. I am exhausted!!!

Also got some 'A2' milk coming out to 'test' for bzzagent. Can't really get much better timing than to test free milk on zero groceries... hehehe!

Well done all on how well you are doing! Off to eat pasta carbonara (aka pasta, philadelphia cheese, bit of dried herbs and garlic, splash of milk & some chopped frazzled bacon...) cooked by my lovely OH as I have been at work quite a bit today... wonders will never cease!
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 December 2012 at 8:54PM
    Hi All...

Oh no... Mancman I think I have caught the beginnings of your Man-flu!!! Yikes... does this mean I have to eat raw garlic and stuff?!?! _pale_

Almost moved into new place - 2 more car loads should do it... Also... Have been given a HUGE cupboard to put all my bargain food items!!! Result!!!

Kat you made me laugh when you said you were embracing being a miser ha ha!!! Right there with you!!!

Used up the last of my vegetables and made a soup, making...

Today = NSD number 5

:rudolf:
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 December 2012 at 9:49PM
    Ok I have been in my overspill cupboard which is in my upstairs utility. Mum used to live here with us in a granny annexe and so we made the utility into her kitchenette and have the smallest bedroom done out with kitchen units and washer, dryer etc. it works well.

The list...:eek:

14 boxes of cup a soup :o
    3 other packet soups
    3 bags of mung beans ( not sure what to do with these)
    10 packets of Mediterranean cous cous :eek:
    2 packets of Thai cous cous
    4 packets of asda dried nut roast mix (not good for diet)
    Homemade jam x 4
    2 pot noodles - will take to work - bonus :)
    2 cartons of value orange juice
    3 bottles of sesame oil ?!
    There are few other bits which are current buys if you will, bought on offer, including cereal, mayo, rice and mini meringues.

I need to jazz up the cous cous and work through it - this could be my pasta shells Kat! If I cook it, add a bit of chilli and veg will it warm up ok in the microwave? Not keen on it as it is and hubby and son not keen or won't touch it respectively. The Thai one is ok. I think there was a lot of that too at some point :rotfl:

What to do with the mung beans... Help!

Oh and almost forgot - declaring NSD no 3!
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi there

Wow everyone is doing SO well and the thread moves v fast. Great to hear from everyone.

Today did some small things like charging mobiles at work and on train.
    I did some final Xmas shopping..think all done now bar some very small stocking fillers. Does anyone have recommendations as to where to go for those? Have never been to Poundland..worth a try?

Made HM bread and some PADs towards the CCs but babysitter bought some bits so not a NSD.
    That's me. Thanks for keeping us focussed Kat!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Not really doing very well so far this month.
  • Good Evening Everybody..

I have had one seriously busy and slightly frustrating day! Coming home from work I was updating my other thread and went straight passed my stop - had to wait a mere 4 minutes for a return journey but it all made me a little annoyed. Secondly this week has been exceptionally busy.. so much so I have had NO time to get to Tescos.. meaning I went to the local Tesco Express...I hate them!..

I live in a well to-do area. I am not well to-do. The house I currently reside in is a whopping great £450,000 region, we have a jacuzzi in the garden, a massive living room that is stone cold, a large kitchen etc etc... HOWEVER my landlady ( henceforth referred to as LL ) is more of a penny pincher than me, I have used the Jacuzzi twice, the heating is only on to take the chill out of the rooms and she has been at it longer, is much better and is super savvy. However we hate the fact that the Mr T clearly seems to think we are made of money so it super expensive...AND worst still my favourite cheese puffs and onion rings have risen from 95p to £1.04.. NOT HAPPY!!

Anyhoo... I am on my walking weekend commencing tomorrow after work. Having got off my train at around 1800 I have trudged through Mr T and Costcutter to see which is cheaper, getting home I have made lunches for the next three days as I refused to pay for "pre-packed youth hostel" lunches whereby one receives soggy sandwiches and a manky orange... sandwiches for the evenings train journey to the Cotswolds.. sorted out moggy with fresh food and litter, moved my poor injured Hercules ( the m/bike) to a safer place, packed my rucksack with survival goodies, had a lovely shower and now I am wrapped up in thermal socks, hot water bottle, cat and many blankets... and I am shattered..

The point of my essay.. I spent at least £15 on what I would class as "wastage food"... I needed sweeties for the weekend, crisps and yoghurts ( 50p each?????), I got lovely bread for 56p though, reduced tomatoes and baby cucumbers, and reduced peppers...they sell NO EVERYDAY VALUE in this store and I walked home seething... Everyone knows the 7 P's.. and I just couldn't fit in a run to Tesco at all... I am going to be SUPER strict in my last week...

I will have exact figures available for viewing, scrutinising tomorrow as I am too tired to number crunch right now.. I am just so angry with myself and yes I will suitable punish myself ... When I return on Sunday from this walk I have 5 days of work, followed by two days of weekend overtime ( only 1 guaranteed at the moment), Monday at work then home to Ireland on the Tuesday.. I need to not buy any more food as I will get back and have 3 days of the month left until payday...

Money had been put away for this weekend so some money will come from that for the food but still.... GRR!!:mad::mad::mad:

Well I shall say Lilt your NSD has been declared official and has been granted. Well done on your explanations... was the exercise baby-bicep curls?..baby- deadlifts? That's a lot anyway but make sure you don't try and get it all done in one day on purpose.. gotta break it up and give your heart and lungs a shock. Either way well done... hope you didn't have to go outside to exercise..

PurpleJay I got that Mediterranean cous cous as well from AP - drove me nuts after the first four packets. Eugh! You could donate some...ahem...we won't tell anyone... but yes its very easily cooked and reheated.. sesame oil is good for stir fries and noodles..with a little chilli and garlic.. You could dress it up and have it along side the nut roast ( much better than meat )...nom nom nom..

Abundant I am certainly a miser...My current mood is happy though, because I am making a difference to ME... hope you feel better soon. Yes try the garlic... although you might feel proper queazy afterwards...

GelMC everything happens for a reason. You are on the right path and my thoughs are with you in your application for p/t work however I would be surprised should your boss not see how Psych will assit you in your everyday job anyway..she should be clapping her hands.... and you are not the only one that mentions I have a battle cry. I should get one penned to throw in here now and then...:rotfl:

Polly were you nearly a Polly popsicle..?..:rotfl:

Right to everyone else if I have missed you I am sorry but I will catch you in the next few posts... Searching well done for not buying tat..:)

I am going to fall asleep listening to the rain...

Onwards and Upwards...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Wow everyone has been super busy! I've not been on for a couple of days and now the thread is super long - well done everyone :j - Kat I hope the damage isn't too bad to the bike!

So this month hasn't been going so well for me, I only have 2 NSDs in the bag :( this WILL improve as soon as this weekend is out if the way as I am out tomorrow for a friends birthday and I need to do a small shop on saturday.

I've been waiting for vouchers from work to finish my Christmas shopping and I still haven't received them I'm so angry as it has messed me up big time! I wanted them before this weekend so that I could get everything in and use all my coupons/double points coupons to really up my points and savings in various stores. Fingers crossed they come tomorrow but too be honest I'm really not getting my hopes up :(

I've applied for lots of overtime and later shifts in work s hopefully Decembers and January's pay will be half decent. At this rate though I will have to use Decembers pay for presents which I wasn't wanting to do but without these vouchers I have no choice :(

Sorry for the essay everyone!!

Candy
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills