IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Always a scam??

Comments

• vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2012 at 10:33AM
    Have a folder of them here, I could buy a small country if I added up all the "charges"
    Never paid them a penny, never will.
    I have a very strict policy with anyone who makes immediate threats of court action on any bill.
    Put up or shut up and never threaten me, I will see any hand of cards you claim to have in court.
    Funny enough, they never takes you up the challenge, they always throw the hand in when you call them out.
    You call them out by IGNORING THEM and ignoring all the silly fake letters that follow.

A good top tip to bear in mind with any PPC scam is the very few people they have sued in court all have one thing in common, they have all signed some paper work sent to them by the PPC Company and given them conformation of a name.
    They may know your name, but without you ever confirming that with them they dont have anyone to sue !
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    trudij wrote: »
    You lot are fab, thankyou! It was a hotel car park that parking eye run as a pad one, so I presume I am safe to ignore it and see what happens then.... Parasites!!!

Parasites is a very accurate description of these companies ;) and yes it's safe to ignore parking cry , they won't go further than threatograms from them and their tame debt collectors and useless solicitors.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • robredz
    robredz Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Parking Eye, are best ignored, then they will go away eventually.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    bluelight wrote: »
    Parking Eye did take someone to court in connection with one of their PCNs.... and got crucified by the judge. They ended up nearly £4k out of pocket. I understand they're still smarting from that one and do not appear, as yet, to have lodged an appeal against the judgement.

What case was that, out of curiosity?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • hammer68
    hammer68 Posts: 147 Forumite
    hi all

overstayed my welcome in a pizza hut car park on saturday night by 20 mins, only allowed to stay for 2 hours by parking eye. now going to wait for the begging letters like i am with ukpc at the moment(up to 2nd letter from debt recovery plus), mrs thinks i am on a mission to !!!! off every parking company.

also wound up the spotty waiter by telling him the notice of a parking fine if you dont log your car reg with them is illegal and all he could say was the police have checked it and it was all ok. nearly broke a rib laughing so hard
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    I hope that is a branch of Pizza Hut which won't be seeing your custom again.
  • This is an invoice and not a penalty charge. log onto you tube and watch the clips on watchdog about parking charges. Also, no matter what they say or send, they are bullies trying to intimidate you into paying. They think that by sending threatening letters that people will pay, you need to be strong, dig your heels in and ignore them. they will evenually leave you alone.
    Also, if they threaten you with baliffs then this must go through a court for them to do this which will cost them and not you money. debt collectors are just as bad and scum who try to get money out of people but have no legal right to do this.
  • fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Just treat there pocksy letters as you would SPAM from the nigerian scammers some people get in there emails, PPCs robbing tactics are interbred with them and must be ALLWAYS IGNORED :money:they are the scum and filth of the earth and have got away with it for far to long, spread the word about this site and help get rid of the filthy money sucking paracites :beer:
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    fil_cad wrote: »
    Just treat there pocksy letters as you would SPAM from the nigerian scammers some people get in there emails, PPCs robbing tactics are interbred with them and must be ALLWAYS IGNORED :money:they are the scum and filth of the earth and have got away with it for far to long, spread the word about this site and help get rid of the filthy money sucking paracites :beer:
    could not have put it better,here here.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure