Natwest and Moorcroft Debt Recovery

OH has had two letters from Moorcroft Debt Recovery one is for £5094 and the other is for £2242. He rang them to find out what the debt was for the £5k one is for a loan which he knew about but stopped paying over 2 years ago so we knew that would land sometime but the other one he has been told is overdraft and loan. He did have a loan with NatWest but he only had the 1 loan which I have already mentioned and he did have a bank account but that was £1000 overdrawn but within the overdraft so how the hell has it got to over £2k. He asked the guy at Moorcroft for a breakdown over the £2k debt. Should I confirm he wants a breakdown of this debt also the £5k debt they want his I and E's (they did want my wages etc until I shouted that debt has nothing to do with me and I am not a guarantor either so now they just want his.

Any advice on what to do next would be of great help and I know he should not have ignored the debt but it was in his past life when he was with his ex and all the debt is in his name......

Comments

• please help with any advice you may have cause i really dont know what the way forward is
  • can anyone help please
  • don't ring them again. Ring national debtline or CCCS, get advice. x
    Please do not confuse me with other gratefulsforhelp. x
  • i would not send them an I&E. also as mentioned dont call them.

The overdraft will probably have risen due to bank charges. Ask for a breakdown.

If you acknowledge the debt is your OH. work out a figure you can afford to pay them each month and offer that. they will refuse and say they want the money in full. Alternatively offer them a F&F if you have the spare cash
  • Thanks for the advice, OH has asked for a breakdown to see when the debt has come from and if its full of charges will look at reclaiming them back/get them removed from debt figure
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure