The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Comments

• k30lly
    k30lly Posts: 118 Forumite
    Oh no!! I feel like I have wasted a free weekends listing!! I shouldn't be so hard on myself as I've done lots of other organisational stuff this weekend, but can't bear missing one. Anyone ever had bids ending on a Monday? Usually arrange it for Sunday finishing - seem to get more. Might do 10 to make myself feel better! X
    1% challenge - Started Feb 2014. Cap1 card £1,073.42
    1% = £10.73 0% so far
  • mumof3plusoh
    mumof3plusoh Posts: 953 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Jakes-mum sorry to hear you are not well. Get well soon.

I too love to grow my own and I have things starting to come to life in the greenhouse. Note of warning keep an eye out for slugs in the greenhouse. I noticed that the heads of some of my marigolds had started to disappear and the silver trails indicated the dreaded slugs. I sprinkle a few slug pellets around, but be careful of pets. My dogs can't get in there.

What a horrid wet bank hols. Just watched antz and now flushed away on the tv.

Have a lovely relaxing day everyone.:D
    [SIZE=2]SPC4 #1395 Aug 11 £135.75/£150
    SPC5 #1395 Shower fund used £13.60 31/7/12 Banked Farepack administrators cheque £301 19/10/12 £326.40 in the tin....TOTAL £641
    SPC6 #1395 Total £144.62
    SPC7 # 051 Banked so far £100 TOTAL £142[/SIZE]
    SPC8 #051 £46 :(SPC9 #51 £1091.34 :T:T
  • dd1981
    dd1981 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Update time for me!

Haven't updated in a wee while so thought I should! Am hoping to knock a little more off this month when my expenses come through and when I finally get my bum into gear to put stuff on fleabay, treegum, amazonia etc!

#056 £2,839.87/£9,793.81 (28.99%)

Really pleased with how much we have managed to pay off but we really still have so much to learn and change. We are a million times better than we were because of this amazing thread but need to crack down on the unnecessary spending. Gonna set myself a target of NSD's and see how we get on :) I don't post much but read every day and love hearing how brilliantly everybody is doing. Congratulations to everybody on their debt reduction so far!

DD
    xx
  • Barbeduk
    Barbeduk Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    K3olly, you're not too late! It's free listing today too.

Couldn't work out why I was feeling so mellow today then realised that I'm not worrying about money all the time. :j Even though we're in debt, we are dealing with it. So thank you all for helping me along the way.:A:A:A
    Make £2020 in 2020 £178.81/£2020
    SPC 13 #51
    Feb Grocery Challenge £4.68/£200
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you for all your well wishes, I really do feel like cac today, ive not been in this much pain in a long time and am currently considering trying to get in the shower as im so cold, even with a hot water bottle and a duvet on me :(
    Just watched antz and now flushed away on the tv.

Have a lovely relaxing day everyone.:D

Have just sat and watched both these films too :o felt like a big kid :o

My broad bean plant on my kitchen window sill is thriving, its over 3 inches tall now :O havent been out the back to check on my peas and carrots but am hoping for some shoots soon :p

Right because im feeling so very cac today im declaring another £50 off my overdraft :o New total is:

£3296.35/£8806.89 37.43%
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    K30lly - there will be other free listing weekends so I wouldn't worry and don't forget you can still list 100 items in any one month up to 99p each for free :) Besides I'm sure you actually left the house this weekend unlike me :p

mumof3plusoh - Ewww icky slugs! Is there an eco-way of seeing them off? I'm trying to be an organic gardener, but still pretty new to all of this.

DD1981 - Congrats on being over a quarter of the way to debt freedom you're doing amazingly well :) I've found the best visual for NSDs is to write a blue star in marker on my calendar that's by my bedroom door, that way I can see how many NSDs I am racking up.

Barbeduk - I hadn't realised until you mentioned it that I'm not so stressed out about money anymore, I know how much I have to spend and I know I'm going to be ok. Although I did have a panic after I had a mad splurge when it was payday, if I can rein that in then I'll be fine all month long.

jakes-mum - oh no :( that sounds like how I was the beginning of last week, fortunately for me it didn't come to anything much as I tucked myself up into bed early and slept it off. Hope you feel better soon and nice one on the broad bean plant. Could you send Jake out to check on the peas and carrots? My little seedlings are coming up a bit spindly and I've no idea if that's normal or not. Well done on declaring another £50 off the OD by the way :) excellent news.

I'm currently watching S1lent W1tness from last night and was shocked at the blase way the detective just said to the other one "He had a £9k overdraft"...."That's nothing these days" WHAT?!?!?! I don't think the British public need the Beeb to be telling them that £9k isn't anything to be too worried about, pfft! I think the majority of society have a lot to wake up to with this debt business, have we really been sold the idea that it's ok to buy things on credit for so long that it doesn't shock anymore? Although saying that C4sualty did make a good point last night that in these times we need to be eating more fresh fruit & veg and less processed or we'll get scurvy ick! Right rant over :)
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • sharronej
    sharronej Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So sorry you're feeling under the weather Jakes Mum let's hope tomorrow is a better day. Well done on paying another £50 off the overdraft!
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Sorry guys but I'm catching up and updating at the same time so I may be commenting on things from a couple of days ago! :o
    Hey Jemma, he's going in for an operation on Friday :( don't really want to say too much about it, its not really routine and its really embarrassing for him but hopefully if it works it'll fix his problem for at least the next ten years. We know he has a good consultant (he was his Mam's cancer consultant and she's in recovery now) but these things are never fun. Recovery is not going to be pleasant apparently but he'll be staying at his parents a few nights as the hospital is next to them. Just want the flat finished and tidy before he comes back so there's no risk of him tripping on boxes.

Well I really hope the operation goes well for him. How far is the hospital/his parents away from your flat? xxx
    jakes-mum wrote: »
    Am writing my letter to my works today agreeing that for them to make me redundant on medical grounds is the best option all round :(

Are you sure it is the best option for you hun??? As much as I like where I work I 100% know that I am completely replaceable and there is no real loyalty on their part xxx
    Hi Peeps,
    DS had a great time in Berlin (paying for the trip was part of my debt initially) and brought me back some euros. Exchanged and went straight to the bank to pay against cc. Totals now

No. 069 £3315/ £7719 = 42.94% :j

Have a good weekend everyone :D

:T:T:T Wow you are sooooooo close to 50% hun. Well done!!! xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 January 2022 at 1:00PM
    SpagBol wrote: »
    Thanks so much, he is ok thanks but suffers with allergies and after a few weeks at the start of the year on our economy diet of more pasta, bread etc and less meat he looked really tired and unwell. Looks much better again now :) I found myself on a well known parenting forum for a while worrying about him rather than on here worrying about money but we've still kept the year of austerity up...no pubs or restaurants in 2012 yet (except mothers day!) which is soooo hard but satisfying to save so much money!

We are so determined...we have paid off a huge amount but still at less than 10% :eek::eek: I still can't believe we made such bad decisions to get to this place but there we go...

How are you doing anyway K? I must go and check out your diary in a minute.

No pubs or restaurants in 2012!!! :eek::eek::eek: You have my deepest respect :A

I'm glad you put that you've paid a huge amount off, don't think about the total you still have to pay off, try and think of it more in smaller chunks so it doesn't seem so overfacing and celebrate when you've achieved those smaller goals. xxx
    poohspals wrote: »
    Haven't posted for a while as I had problems with my laptop but happy to say that i've been chipping away at the debt and for my first post of the new thread would like to say:

#269 £3768.90 / £17820.96 paid

As I've said before our aim is to get to 50% by this Xmas and the full amount by Xmas 2013. We are in for the long haul :)
    :T:T:T That's not long now till Xmas 2013, only about 19months!!! In no time at all it'll be Xmas 2012 and you'll be 50% of the way through and onto the home stretch!!! :j:j:j xxx
    Gah - gained 0.5lbs this week.

Probably will gain again cos I'm off it today & monday as its Easter.

138 Dolly Rocker 6/36

Dxxx

I'm not even going to look at the scales for at least a month!!! :rotfl:

• mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks Kerri, managed to get a rug I'd been looking at from Next marked down from £99 to £40 :)

We finished building our wardrobe yesterday and today we've finally put all our clothes away and cleared all the boxes out of the spare room so our friend can stay tonight :)

Hope everyone is having a good Easter :)

Did you friend like your new place? xxx
    I am fine thanks Jemma! Been in hospital recently for an operation so have only been reading and lurking rather than posting.

Been really careful with money and have managed to save up so am hoping to pay some extra ff the credt card this month! Just need to do a few more sums!

Will post again when it is finalised!

Thanks everyone for your posts on here i love reading about you all, sorry for not posting very much!
    Don't worry about not posting often, as long as your still debt busting and updating us on your totals then thats fab!!! xxx
    SpagBol wrote: »
    Oh, and I spoke to our mortgage company today before speaking to our IFA next week as our fix is up soon. We can get a fixed rate 1% below our current mortgage to take our repayments down by almost £200pcm!!! We could do that for a couple of months to help with our snowballing or reduce the term by 6 years and have the same monthly payment. So either way...saving lots of money:money::beer:

Sounds like a lot of things are going right for you at the moment and you'll be under the £50k mark in no time at this rate!!! That will be a fantastic milestone for you to reach :T:T:T xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family