IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket from CMS UK Ltd

Comments

• Trading Standards are inept when it comes to dealing with PPC scum. They even advise the victims of these scammers to pay their 'fines' and appeal later. CAB are no better.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 March 2014 at 12:29AM
    This is an old old old thread.

If you are reading this after 2013 you are utterly wasting your time.

Please go to the current forum and learn about the current advice - see my signature which tells you where to click to find CURRENT advice!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • robredz wrote: »
    Report them to trading standards and the police for impersonating a statutory authority. No seriously they are committing criminal offences by trying to pass off a dubiously contractual relationship as a fine, as no private company or individual can "fine" another, merely send an invoice.

We know. Unfortunately Trading Standards don't, and the Old Bill think its "a civil matter Sir".
  • Hi,
    I took my kids to Ribin Park Wigan on Saturday 20th March to go to the Empire Cinema. Couldn't get parked outside the cinema so parked on the retail park. On returning to my car after the film there was a parking notice from CMSUKltd under my wipers. It states "Parking attendant 51 Who had reasonablr cause to believe that the following parking contravention had occurred. Code 04 Exceeded Maximum Stay Limit.
    You are therefore required to pay a penalty charge of £80 etc etc etc....

I have filled in there online appeal form against the charge (which from investigation appears to be only enforced on match days). As I have been using one of the facillities on Robin Park I believe I have no worries about the charge being cancelled?

However reading through various forums it seems that CMS reject all appeals.

What should I do if this is the outcome?

Ignore them, correspond or pay?

Thanks in advance.

Thought I might spend some time filling in online correspondence to them just to keep them busy:mad:

Maybe a good case for Dom To look into on one of his BBC programs?
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    branstylad wrote: »
    Ignore them,
    Absolutely ignore everything
    correspond
    Complete waste of time
    or pay?
    Never pay these scam artists a penny
    Maybe a good case for Dom To look into on one of his BBC programs?
    "Dom's on the case" has already done a piece on this, which was complete and utterly misleading rubbish, and the subject of many complaints to the BBC by members here. Most so-called journalists just don't seem to get it that PPC "fines" are unenforceable.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 March 2014 at 12:29AM
    This is an old old old thread.

If you are reading this after 2013 you are utterly wasting your time.

Please go to the current forum and learn about the current advice - see my signature which tells you where to click to find CURRENT advice!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks for the prompt feedback.
    I will take your advice and ignore them, however I will post the response to my appeal when it arrives on the forum.
    I think we know what it will be.
  • Hi Branstylad en all
    I am so thankful to all for this forum - it has really put my mind at ease - my threatograms should start soon for filing in my recycling bin.
    Thanks again to all who have contributed.
    Marina Baker
  • This is the response I have received from my appeal:-

"We are writing in correspondence to your letter with regards to a parking
    charge notice that was issued against your vehicle at 16:23.

We have checked our records which show that you had parked in a Maximum Stay
    Area, and exceeded the allowed time limit.

There are Warning Signs all around the car park warning you of the rules of
    the area that you are parking in, and that by not adhering to these rules
    you may result in your vehicle being issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.
    Unfortunately the reason you had a ticket issued against you was because you
    had not parked in accordance to the rules of that area.

Whilst we understand and sympathise :rotfl:with you as to why you parked where you
    did we are satisfied that your ticket was issued correctly.

May we take this opportunity to remind you that you have 14 days from the
    day the Parking Charge Notice was issued to pay at the reduced rate of £50,
    after which payment increases to £80."

Just getting the recycling bin ready :)
  • The reply you have received is entirely correct. You parked in contravention of the rules, and must therefore suffer the consequences.

Ignore this idiot. He runs a parking company and eats lots of pies. The advice you have received from everyone else here is correct, as you already know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure