We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

What's Your Biggest WIN !!!???

Xhako
Xhako Posts: 202 Forumite
edited 15 September 2012 at 9:50AM in I won! I won! I won!
Be gentle with me, I'm a newbie

Just wondering what people's biggest wins EVER have been.

Apologies if there's already a thread.

[STRIKE]Mine is a meal for four but I need inspiration[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]UPDATE - Hey, since I first posted, I've won £1,000 with Anchor Butter, £1,000 with McCain Oven Chips and £500 from a Book Company, plus loads of other stuff, over £9k worth of goods and services in total in 12 months.[/STRIKE]

OK,now its a Trip to South Africa then the following day £5k Wooohoo x

My favorite (besides the cash) was the Spa Voucher I spent on BOTOX! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks everyone for posting, COMPIN' ROCKS :money:

Thanks to all who post, good luck one and all.
:hello: :beer: :j:beer::hello:

Comments

• Mine is a barrel of whisky (200 bottles). I spent a day at the distillery filling the barrel and tasting whisky. Also included was an overnight stay at a 5 star hotel.

Only thing is that I still have at least another 10 years until I get the whisky but can leave it as long as I want.

If I wait another 10 years the prize is worth £5000, £10000 if I wait another 14 years and if I'm prepared to wait another 23 years around £20000.

That's all on what the whisky is selling for today so it will be worth more once I get my hands on it. The only thing is that the terms and conditions state that I can't sell the whisky!!
  • missk9
    missk9 Posts: 1,741
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Aiming for ITV - OBVIOUSLY... but my biggest win to date was my Son being MAscot at Wembley for the FA cup final, with extras like hotel travel free kit etc thrown in...
    BACK and READY..... waiting on Royal Mail!!!
  • £1000 in a Purina cat food prize draw- since then very little.
  • hunnycat
    hunnycat Posts: 1,538
    Forumite
    I have only started comping again after a break of about 2 years! I won various prizes in the 9 months I was comping but the best was a trip to Ireland, flights, hotel and tickets for the piping festival. It also included car hire :) I started comping when the cadbury carnival comp was on and we got so many choc packs through door we had to give most of it away!
    would love to win an ipad!
    A-Z Challenge - ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
  • Mine was a trip to Beverley Hills, LA, California.
    Won on here with M&S. Truly was the trip of a lifetime for all the family, and one we would have never afforded otherwise.
  • broadpaws
    broadpaws Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    £6700 from a NOTW competition - a simple email entry and in my first few weeks of comping a few years ago - it really gave me the bug! Keep at it, its all numbers, enter as many as you can and hope for a large slice of luck - the little wins will keep you going till the bigger ones come along!
    June - Watch
  • toontron
    toontron Posts: 2,116 Forumite
    A washing machine and a years supply of washing powder, washing liquid, washing up liquid and fabric conditioner.
    January GC: £64.81/£80.00
    February GC: £24.60£80.00
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Tickets to Hammerfest (although i still had to fork out £80+ to be able to go :eek: ) :)
  • Melli
    Melli Posts: 4,602
    Forumite
    I've won three 5* UK breaks worth £1,000 or more - One worth around £1,000 + £500 'spending money' and £500 vouchers for outdoor clothing (so about £2,000 all-in), my son won £1,000 to be spent on a weekend in London, the other is a 5* hotel break worth about £1,250 (which I've not taken yet but will probably take in the Spring) :j

My best cash prize was £1,750 on ITV Real Deal, which we used to spend New Year in Paris - 1 January at Disneyland was really magical! :A

I've been comping for about 2 and a half years - keep going and enjoy the wins! You will get 'quiet' patches, but the rewards are amazing (and comping is addictive!):D
  • judy2357
    judy2357 Posts: 3,743
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    A couple of months back, I won this from Heart radio:-

Sony 40" LED 3D TV
    • Panasonic 3D Blu-ray Home Cinema System
    • PS3 320GB (actually received an XBox)
    • Compaq Laptop with 250GB
    • Acer Aspire One 532 Netbook BLUE
    • Canon IXUS 105 silver
    • JVC HM300 High definition camcorder
    • Apple iPod Nano 8GB Graphite

I still cant believe my luck
    2008£3002009£13002010£15002011£41952012£21942013£1494
    2014£24402015£10222016JAN£20FEB£210MAR£80APR£26tMAYWillowPouchBag£65BathPillowCrCardcover,Curry
    JUN£10m'shakeJULpennywellAUGCameraFootproducts£27SEPMiniBBQOCTB'let£45Jarm£4Jacket£80GoodyBag£40NOVmealfor2Ace,ScarfTotes£100DECChocs,AsterixDVD,DVD&bk

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure