Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area

Comments

• TheGame7
    TheGame7 Posts: 169 Forumite
    Hi,

I hope someone can help..

I flew to Chicago and back from London with American Airlines in November.

Is it still possible to retrieve these airmiles?

Can I only use AA's scheme or are there better ones out there?

Cheers.
  • Hi,
    I think a few of you out there may already know, but if not, you can log into your BA club on the BA website, then scroll down. On the right site, it says 'go shopping' or the such.

If you buy anything (even from Ebay, Play.com, Game, John Lewis!) you will be rewarded with BA airmiles of varying degrees. Just scroll down the list of shops you can buy from (and websites).

Nothing changes when you buy, nor in looking at the website of the place you want to buy from...

I'm trying it out today, buying something from PC world
  • chrisyd
    chrisyd Posts: 56 Forumite
    Hi,

First post regarding this topic. Currently I collect KLM airmiles. I have just signed up with airmiles and I see that if you get a Lloyds duo credit card you get 1500 airmiles.

Does this mean I can fly to "zone 2" simply by signing up for this credit card that I may not even use? or is like KLM (I have over 56k airmiles I have travelled but my claim will take me to Amsterdam and that is it) that 1500 miles is not the amount you can actually use

Also, If I don't have enough miles i.e. if I want to take the OH can I pay the rest or is it purely airmiles?

thanks
  • Gambit
    Gambit Posts: 584 Forumite
    When I signed up you had to use the card to make a purchase (think it was £100) and then you would get the airmiles. 1500 miles is enough for a return trip to 2 to zone 1 but if you wish to go to zone 2 you can pay extra. The only real condition is that you HAVE to book at least one nights stay through airmiles paying in either cash or airmiles.

Hope this helps!
    Current Debt Owed To Family: [STRIKE]£12,575[/STRIKE] £9,000 :wall:
    Estimated Debt Free... [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE] Aug 2012

:xmassmileChristmas 2010 Sealed Pot Challenge #477 :xmassmile
  • josie
    josie Posts: 3,106
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    chrisyd wrote: »
    Hi,

First post regarding this topic. Currently I collect KLM airmiles. I have just signed up with airmiles and I see that if you get a Lloyds duo credit card you get 1500 airmiles.

Does this mean I can fly to "zone 2" simply by signing up for this credit card that I may not even use? or is like KLM (I have over 56k airmiles I have travelled but my claim will take me to Amsterdam and that is it) that 1500 miles is not the amount you can actually use

Also, If I don't have enough miles i.e. if I want to take the OH can I pay the rest or is it purely airmiles?

thanks

Yes, you can fly to zone 2 just by signing up and OH can pay the rest or you could both go somewhere in zone 1 for free. You do have to book one of their hotels tho and pay cash or miles for it.
  • cundall
    cundall Posts: 859 Forumite
    If anyone is going to sign up for the Duo Card let me know as if i refer you i will get 200miles plus you get 1500miles :p

Cheers.
  • I tried to open Current account (to get these 750 airmiles) and was told this offer is only for their Credit Card holders?

I can't seen any reference to this in T&C - happened to anyone?
  • cundall
    cundall Posts: 859 Forumite
    elle.woodz wrote: »
    I tried to open Current account (to get these 750 airmiles) and was told this offer is only for their Credit Card holders?

I can't seen any reference to this in T&C - happened to anyone?

They have lied to you!

Phone up again...
  • The only way I found out about it was a link on the Lloyds TSB Online Banking website - although the page it linked to was on the main LTSB site, I could not find any other link to it except the one I saw after I logged in.

Also - if you don't have an Airmiles Duo credit card or Airmiles Mortgage through Lloyds TSB, then there is no link connecting you, Lloyds and Airmiles.
  • helgawb
    helgawb Posts: 13
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It works really quickly, too!
    • 25 Nov - Open the account over the phone
    • 26 Nov - Post previous message on MSE forums
    • 27 Nov - Receive welcome pack through post. Am asked to visit a Lloyds TSB branch to provide identification.
    • 28 Nov - Visit branch and activate account.
    • 01 Dec - Transfer £5,000 from Tesco Personal Finance account (now the Clubcard bonus day has passed) into new account.
    • 02 Dec - Fast-transfer out £4,999.99 of new Lloyds TSB current account to my normal savings account.
    • 03 Dec - Am awarded 250 airmiles for opening the account, as well as 500 airmiles for transferring in at least £1,500 - despite the T&Cs stating the account must be open for three months first.
    Wow - I don't think it could possibly have been any quicker or easier!

Did you check to see if the airmiles were in your account on the 3rd Dec? Its just that airmiles wrote to me to say that i hadn't collected anything for some time and they are going to close my account (and i will lose airmiles) if i don't collect some soon (is this legal?). So i am looking for a really quick way of getting airmiles into my account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure