Welcome Finance ppi

sammie28
sammie28 Posts: 200 Forumite
edited 14 June 2012 at 3:51PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Just after some help really.
Basically, i complained to WFSL regards to ppi on a HP agreement. After alot of messing around by them, i finally got the claim form from fscs. Sent it back, then they said my signature didn't match a copy of my passport they had, so i needed to send in my passport as proof of id. This has been going on since April! I emailed then to tell them i wasn't happy and they got back to me today, saying that during their investigation, they have reason to believe my policy was sold by a third party. I am sure this is utter rubbish. Apart from the fact that i didn't know about the ppi, no other company was ever mentioned. The agreement i have found only mentions Welcome Finance, it has all the details of the loan payment plus the ppi which was combined into 1 monthly payment which i paid back by direct debit to Welcome. In the small print it does say 'we shall effect a policy for payment protection insurance with a reputable insurance company in relation to this agreement.'

So i guess the question is - does that mean they set it up, or is that classed as third party, although they arranged it. I did use a local garage to by the car and they completed the form and signed it on behalf of Welcome Finance'
The agreement says 'WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES'
Signed for and on behalf of Welcome
Financial Services

Thanks

Comments

• sammie28
    Anyone got any ideas?
  • MIKEY49
    MIKEY49 Posts: 25
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sammie28 wrote: »
    Just after some help really.
    Basically, i complained to WFSL regards to ppi on a HP agreement. After alot of messing around by them, i finally got the claim form from fscs. Sent it back, then they said my signature didn't match a copy of my passport they had, so i needed to send in my passport as proof of id. This has been going on since April! I emailed then to tell them i wasn't happy and they got back to me today, saying that during their investigation, they have reason to believe my policy was sold by a third party. I am sure this is utter rubbish. Apart from the fact that i didn't know about the ppi, no other company was ever mentioned. The agreement i have found only mentions Welcome Finance, it has all the details of the loan payment plus the ppi which was combined into 1 monthly payment which i paid back by direct debit to Welcome. In the small print it does say 'we shall effect a policy for payment protection insurance with a reputable insurance company in relation to this agreement.'

So i guess the question is - does that mean they set it up, or is that classed as third party, although they arranged it. I did use a local garage to by the car and they completed the form and signed it on behalf of Welcome Finance'
    The agreement says 'WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES'
    Signed for and on behalf of Welcome
    Financial Services

Thanks

Hi Sammie

They could be right but should be able to tell you who the third party were. I bought a clio with Renault with RFS but after putting a claim in for ppi thay said I had to claim from another company. Claim was upheld as it was a front loaded policy, sounds like yours is aswell. Good luck.
  • sammie28
    Thanks for your reply. They said today that they have no details of the '3rd party' and couldn't give me any further details. It just seems odd as the agreement says 'Combined payment details for loan and ppi, then states the figures. Payments were made direct to them. Just seems like another get out to me.
  • sammie28
    Hi, so do you think Welcome will be telling me to claim it back from The place i bought the car from?
  • sumo22
    sumo22 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Hi ya

I kinda have the same problem as they have my date of birth as 2 days out and when they try to change this they say that they cant and im now worried they will do the same with me like they did with you and your signature.
    Also i dont have any PPI on my HP loan (apparently) of £3000 which i had to pay back about £6000 but i do have something calle Short Fall Extra Insurance (whatever that is) but they said i can claim this and all i have to do is to fill in a form which they will send me but that was about 2months ago and they are trying to say that the FSCS are incharge of sending out these forms and that they just put peoples name on a list and now they are saying that they have put these forms on hold no im just wandering if they are thrying to fob me off
  • sammie28
    Sumo22 - Hi, i would ring them again and check they are sending the form to the correct address. I say this because i wrote to them giving them all my details and told them i did not live at the address where i took out the hp, and asked them to send all correspondance to my current address. I waited 3 weeks for the form and then rang to ask why i hadn't been sent one and they had sent it to the address where i took out the hp! They then wanted proof of my current address ie council tax bill or similar. Then i rang again for an update and was told my signature didn't match a copy of my passport that they had and i had to send in my passport to prove i am who i say i am! At that point i was rather pigged off and i wrote a letter telling them they were taking the mick! I also emailed them and told them exactly what i thought of their constant messing around and fobbing off and gave them 2 weeks to sort it out. I then got told they thought a 3rd party had sold the ppi, which it utter rubbish and they got told that. I rang yesterday to see what was happening and was told that they have made a decision and it is in the final stage just waiting for authorisation.
    Still don't know if that means it has been upheld or not cause he wouldn't say. So far it has taken 10 weeks and alot of chasing by me. I think Shortfall insurance is to cover the payments should you not pay your monthly payment. I'm not 100% sure on that but im sure someone with more knowledge on here can clarify that for you. Good luck with it.
  • sumo22
    Sammie28- Hi i thought that was what shortfall insurance was as well but that does sound like PPI tho or are they the same?
    As of contacting them i think i will e-mail them as it seems you got somewhere when you did this but also they keep on giving me a differ answer every time i speak to them but the last time i spoke to them was on monday they said that they was not sure that they would be sending out this form as it is now on hold but my name is on a list for people to be contacted either with the form or to be told that they wont be getting a form. stupid i know
    Like yourself i have been put off so many times and i have had enough i like everyone else has been sold insurance that i did not need and now i wont my money back
    So what do you suggest i say to them as it has worked for you?

oh and thank you
  • sumo22
    also they have my correct address on file i have checked everytime i call the only thing they have wrong and say they cant change is my date of birth
  • sammie28
    I just told them that i was disgusted with how long it was taking and the fact that they just kept finding fault with everything was, to me a way to fob me off and wear me down in the hope that i gave up. I stated that as far as i was concerned they had 8 weeks from first receiving my complaint to deal with it and they were now over that. I gave them a 2 weeks deadline or i was taking legal advice on the matter. Like i said, i have no idea yet wether it has done me any good really but it looks like they have taken note and sorted it one way or the other. Just got to wait for the letter.
  • sumo22
    Great smashing so will i find the e-mail addy on their website?
    also i have sent them the FOS questionaire shall i mention this and state that they have taken far too long to sort my case out as when they recevied that from me i had a very quick response from the in fact it was a week later that they wrote back to me. So this proves they have my correct address and thet they have the FOS form i sent them and that they can send me a reply very quickly.
    But i suppose it was that quick because the letter stated that the HP loan had no PPI.

Funny that lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport