Finding who owns a number

Hi all sorry to bother you,but i just wondered if anyone knew of a way to find out who owns a mobile number.I just need to fine out who has been crank calling my daughter thats all.Thanks.
Jesus said to him, "I am the way.The truth, and the life."
"No one comes to the Father, but through Me."

There can be only one 'GOD'

Comments

• If you have the mobile number - you can find out what network its on:-

http://www.icstis.org.uk/

Alterntaively, it just may be those 'dodgy' premium numbers that are hoping your daughter will call back (at your considerable expense) - especially if they hang up/miss call her

Do you have the number? Try doing a Google search for. You may be surprised!
  • thanks a lot it is not a prem number i know as it starts 07860
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way.The truth, and the life."
    "No one comes to the Father, but through Me."

There can be only one 'GOD'
  • thanks a lot it is not a prem number i know as it starts 07860

Thats a start - at least you can find out the network. I am sure you can contact your daughters network and inform them.

Best of luck:)
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The number was originally issued by O2 but it could have been ported to another network. I don't think that there is any way that you can find out yourself but if it is nuisance calls the Police may help.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • hurrah
    hurrah Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    If you have the mobile number - you can find out what network its on:-

http://www.icstis.org.uk/

Alterntaively, it just may be those 'dodgy' premium numbers that are hoping your daughter will call back (at your considerable expense) - especially if they hang up/miss call her

Do you have the number? Try doing a Google search for. You may be surprised!

But icstis can only help you with the following types of numbers:

premium rate numbers prefixed 09 that are 11 digits in length
    directory enquiry services prefixed with 118 that are 6 digits in length
    mobile phone text shortcodes that are 4 or 5 digits in length
    0800 REVERSE services. Enter 08007383773 if you wish to complain about this service.
    international numbers prefixed with 00 that provide a product or service*

Probaly the most up to date codelook up around at moment is

http://www.magsys.co.uk/telecom/codelook.asp
  • robellett
    robellett Posts: 145 Forumite
    For nuisance calls the Police, ported-to and ported-from networks will assist with nuisance calls. To try to sort out yourselves may result in escalation/other danger etc. We pay our calls/rental charges and taxes to get this service support, so go use it.

Good luck, have been plagued with nuisance calls.
    Rob
  • Don't networks offer a facility to block certain numbers if your report them to be nuisance calls?
  • GUMPO
    GUMPO Posts: 376 Forumite
    I once stopped a prank caller by giving the number to everyone I knew and getting them to ring it.

All the time.

For a week. HA
    FREE THE WM3
  • Don't networks offer a facility to block certain numbers if your report them to be nuisance calls?

Not block, but if you give customer services a call, they will the give you two options, they will either change your number free of charge, or you can have it escalated to the Nuisance Calls Bureau (NCB), where they will then look into it but it will mean police intervention.

Going straight to the police usually seems to be the best idea, but in this case i wouldn't recommend it. They have to pass it onto a specific team, who them alone are able to contact the networks, whereas, the NCB will get straight in touch with this department.
    CPW Retail
    Previously
    3 Retail, DSGi Business, O2 Retentions, The Link Retail
    Any posts are not the views or stands of my company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure