Delivery rights: Homebase

articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all, this discussion thread's part of the Delivery Rights guide, specifically for if you've complained to Homebase about delivery problems using the techniques in the guide.

Please tell us how you got on - we want to know if you were awarded any compensation from Homebase, and if so, how much? Just let us know the amount and reason below; to add more general feedback on the guide, pop over to the main Delivery Rights discussion thread.

Thanks
for your help,

MSE Rose

Comments

• Ordered £5000 worth of services for bathroom installation in October, was informed by one of employee working there that everything will start from 12-13th November.

Just before 12-13th we were informed that there has been delays ordering items needed for installation and that everything will be delayed because of that until 25th November. Since then, they have refused to discuss anything about it no matter how hard we have tried to contact them.
  • Ordered some stuff from them when we moved house. Paid for next day delivery but items didn't turn up for 3 days. Was told I would receive a refund of the postage charge but this never happened. Emails weren't replied to, so had to constantly phone their expensive number to rectify it. I ended up managing to get a cheque to cover the cost of all the phone calls I had to make, a refund of the order and a £50 gift card as a goodwill gesture.

Ironically we only just braved trying them again and they have made it impossible for us to buy the item we want, making the gift card completely pointless.
    First home purchased 09/08/2013
    New job start date 24/03/2014
    Life is slowly slotting into place :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills