EGG loan reclaim- lost account number

Hi there. I've recently written to EGG (or whoever it is at Canada House that you contact now that they don't seem to exist anymore!) as I seem to remember being told I had to have PPI when I took it out and they have written back saying they can't do anything without my account number. I don't have any paperwork- other than old bank statements with the regular direct debit on. Underneath 'EGG BANKING PLC' there is an eight digit number followed by a forward slash then another eight digit number ie 22222222/33333333 (obviously not the real numbers!) Could one of these be the account number? Or even the whole thing? On the form they have sent me, there is a box that says 'What is the policy number of the payment protection insurance you were complaining about?' But that is the only section that asks for any kind of account number-so I'm a bit confused all round really. Can anyone help please? E x

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    you don't need the policy number, you need the account number the ppi was charged on, so a credit card number, or a loan account number.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • And could that be what appears on my bank statement?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It could be....credit cards are usually 16 digits, not sure about loans
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Just had my first letter of Canada Sq Ops, they presented me with my account numbers from 2002. When I sent my complaint for my ppi reclaim, I had no paper work whatsoever or account or policy numbers either...Just gave them personal details ie name, address, dob and rough loan details...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure