MSE Photo tool discussion

2»

Comments

• HSS_2
    HSS_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2012 at 3:28AM
    HSS wrote: »
    Re this week's newsletter- OFFER ON PHOTOBOOK/CEWE - big reduction on 'large landscape photobook, 90 pages- put in code MSEBOOK and it comes down from £70 to £19.99 delivered'

Please note that this code does not work like this.
    I have tried and it was rejected. When I emailed them they told me that this code MSEBOOK is only valid on large PORTRAIT books, not landscape, and will reduce the price to £47, not £19.99.

An update-
    I emailed their customer service again and stressed that I'd been advised the code would work for Large landscape photobooks, and they replied saying that yes, it WILL work for the landscape style, and apologised, saying that they'd been mistaken before.
    HOWEVER they still say it will not reduce the item to £19, stating the code will reduce it to £47.64 (a perculiarly precise amount!). She didnt specify whether this incl. postage.

There is another code offer at the moment-PW88YCPB9 This is £10 off for new customers ordering a photobook. I tried this code as well, to see if the problem was just the MSEBOOK code, or their ordering software- this code doesn't go through either. A message appears saying it's invalid.

When I told their customer service this, they asked for a 'screenshot' of the error message I get, and i have just sent it to them this evening. I will update here when they get back to me!!
  • HSS_2
    edited 31 October 2012 at 3:25AM
    OK well I don't know if anyone is reading this, but I shall update again...

They now have changed their minds and agree that the discount code does bring the price down to £19. They didn't say where they had got the previous £47.64 from!

I sent the screenshot but they said they couldn't open it.
    They said that the error message I get when I input the discount code means that I must be typing it in wrongly, and told me to put it in in capitals and with no spaces. But I AM typing it in in capitals and no spaces!!

They also say that they have tried the code themselves and that it does work- I have tried a dozen times at least and it does not go through.

I now suspect that they may have realised that this offer is a tad generous and are giving me the run around till it expires, which it will do, today.

In a last ditch effort, I have now taken a photo of the screen to prove that i am putting the code in correctly, and to show the error code I get. I've emailed this to them. I have also posted on their Facebook page, as I have seen others ask for help with codes there, and apparently have been helped.

I hope it does go through eventually, as I cannot afford this without the discount. I don't hold out much hope!!

What gets me is that they know I know the code, they know I'm trying to use the code, but they won't do the discount if it won't go through. i.e., they won't let me put the order through full price, then apply the discount afterwards or refund me. They just won't consider that at all. I don't think that's great customer service! :mad:
  • HSS_2
    Update!!

After sending the photo of the screen, customer service agreed that I was entering the code ok, but were baffled as to why it didn't work. So now they have offered me a refund of the voucher value- RESULT!!!! :T

I will have to pay the full £70, send her the order no., then, she will refund it. Very happy!!

I wonder if anyone else had trouble with this code or was it really just me-???
  • hgt
    hgt Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've used these offers many times over the years to get cheap prints and up until now have always used either SnapFish or TruPrint (powered by SnapFish) and have always been very pleased with the results.

For my last order I gave PhotoWorld a try as they were offering 100 free prints.... but in my opinion the prints from PhotoWorld are poor when compared with SnapFish / TruPrint. PhotoWorld use an odd print size, and the colours just don't seem very vibrant.

I re-ordered the exact same prints with TruPrint and the difference in quality is quite amazing.... so remember folks, cheapest is not always best!
  • philgeorge
    philgeorge Posts: 15 Forumite
    Look for 'Hot-Printz' on eBay or Facebook - fantastic service and very cheap canvas prints. £5 for A4 and £9 for A3 with free delivery. Larger canvases are £20, highly recommended.
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Photoworld - avoid shocking quality no matter what the offer there is no point in having photos with such poor quality colour.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • Unbelievable! Last week I ordered a 12*8 print from Tesco Photo to be collected from their store (Max Spielman in-store photo lab) and it was £1.20.

This week I go to do the same thing and it has risen just a bit to £3.50!

There is now an option for 7 day collection where it is £1.50 but that is no good as I am on a photography course and need to produce weekly prints.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure