MSE News: Half of consumers 'don't trust their energy firm'

2»

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For "trust" read "confidence" or rather "lack of" and I'm surprised it's only 50%. For example when the price of wholesale gas goes down the consumer price doesn't go down and we are treated to excuses such as the need to buy in advance. That is exactly the argument against the energy companies that I personally hear the most. Now we are told that energy prices are due to rise much more but we can bet that the company profits will not be affected: There is such a thing as setting aside some profits to pay for future development which the energy companies appear to be not doing. So when they need to upgrade prices have to rise!

It's not only energy companies though: Banks were responsible for the crisis of 2007/8 and the ensuing credit crunch which affected everyone. We gave them billions so they could inject it into the economy and promote growth and all they did was use it to pay themselves fat bonuses - and they did it twice!

So lack of confidence isn't confined to the energy companies. It isn't rocket science to arrive at the conclusion that we as consumers are being ripped off! Energy, banks, telecommunications, even the price of bread!
  • What has trust got to do with energy companies? The MSE staff must really be bored to come up with this news

They didn't -- it's a uSwitch press release reported by the Press Associated and regurgitated here. The only thing MSE seems to have done is get the tenses in a muddle: "Some 50% do not trust suppliers and 45% trusted them less than two years ago, comparison website uSwitch.com found".
  • do i really care about Trust ???
    More like how cheap are my bills !!!!
  • Poq
    Poq Posts: 205 Forumite
    hanlou007 wrote: »
    do i really care about Trust ???
    More like how cheap are my bills !!!!

What about the environment?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories