Free stationary from Royal Mail

Comments

• greenpixey
    greenpixey Posts: 2,806 Forumite
    I received 25 A4 and 25 A5 but when I went to use them in the post office they said the postage for using the bags was a minimum of £3.25. Since the items I sell on eBay are very light it is cheeper for me to buy and use a jiffy bag.
    Have I received a different types of bag?
    They are gray with Royal Mail special delivery written on them

Or is the trick to turn them inside out that I've read some some of you others are doing ????
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    greenpixey wrote:
    I received 25 A4 and 25 A5 but when I went to use them in the post office they said the postage for using the bags was a minimum of £3.25. Since the items I sell on eBay are very light it is cheeper for me to buy and use a jiffy bag.
    Have I received a different types of bag?
    They are gray with Royal Mail special delivery written on them

Or is the trick to turn them inside out that I've read some some of you others are doing ????

Definately turn them inside out then they are just a plain grey poly bag. We have been doing this for months with no problems. When you get stamps though, make sure they are the ones they print off the machine as lickable stamps will fall off and your buyers will get a bill for postage.
  • just ordered mine, nice one
  • bagpuss
    bagpuss Posts: 124 Forumite
    ~Jo~ wrote:
    I was in my PO yesterday posting work items via Special Delivery in regular jiffy bags. After reading about these bags on here I politely asked if they had any to give me. The woman looked at me as if I was mad, eventually opened up a filing cabinet drawer stuffed full of them, and reluctantly handed me two! :think:

Aren't you the lucky one - can't get anything out of my post office when I ask they just look at me as though I was asking for the crown jewels and said they had nothing like that but they did have some for sale ................... need I say more! What is annoying I am in there very regularly and know the girl behind the counter now who is normally very helpful!
  • pottersfolly
    pottersfolly Posts: 374 Forumite
    many thanks mine have arrived 50 bags in all - that will keep me going. xx
  • :rolleyes: I had a problem with this too, called the number and did the options thing, they thought i was asking for thirty grand for a new motor! They said that i had to go the local post office, so off i trotted, and asked the clerk! Did she have a clue? You must be joking! She actually called Royal mail to confirm she was allowed to dish em out for free, result? I got lots! Make sur eyou rip the label off the front, however that can be a bit unsightly, i tend to write out the address of my customer (ebay) and cellotape it over the SD label, works a treat, top tip!!!
    :T The more money i save, the quicker i can buy my Audi
  • thomas01155
    thomas01155 Posts: 2,366 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thanks for that
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    :rolleyes: I had a problem with this too, called the number and did the options thing, they thought i was asking for thirty grand for a new motor! They said that i had to go the local post office, so off i trotted, and asked the clerk! Did she have a clue? You must be joking! She actually called Royal mail to confirm she was allowed to dish em out for free, result? I got lots! Make sur eyou rip the label off the front, however that can be a bit unsightly, i tend to write out the address of my customer (ebay) and cellotape it over the SD label, works a treat, top tip!!!

If you turn them inside they just become a plain grey bag and can be written on with permanent marker. Just be aware that some people doing what you do (just taking label off and not turning them inside out) have been told that they aren't allowed to use these bags for any thing other than special delivery and have been told they have to pay for the special delivery or re-wrap their parcels.

HTH
  • welshliz
    welshliz Posts: 321 Forumite
    can you still get these bags?? if so whats the number and what sizes can you get thanks. Liz
    Cymru Am Byth
  • Princessa_2
    Princessa_2 Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Doh! Over the last couple of months I've probably posted 100 special delivery parcels out! I just used padded envelopes but I'm sure this would have saved me a fortune! Oh well, never mind!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure