Warning - Noddle (callcredit) the 'free' credit check that isn't

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Hi,

I just signed up, but am a bit worried because I clicked on the report from Callcredit, as it said get your report.

Should I have not done this?

Don't worry. That is fine. :)

They let you use the full callcreditcheck.com report service in tandem with the noddle one for the duration of the noddle trial.

You can log in and get a fresh callcreditcheck report once per day while the noddle trial is ongoing.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Tara100
    Tara100 Posts: 258
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The OP is correct - I have just been going thru my bank statements, and I'm livid - £12.00 was taken from my account in September, and worst of all, most of the service has been unavailable to me.
    (as advised, I joined CallCreditCheck using the link Noddle gave me)

I feel partly to blame, because I NEVER join anything that asks for credit card / bank details, BUT, I was assured that the service was free..........

(Here's my correspondence to Noddle - note there 'no charges' reply below)

To whom it may concern

When I joined Noddle back in August 2011, I wrote asking if the service through Noddle would be free (see below, and further down at base of mail for Noddles' reply)

Hello

I have just received an email from Noddle, saying that I can sign up to CallCredit.
    Can I confirm with you that £12.00 WILL NOT be taken from my bank account after signing up to CallCredit please?

If the service is defintitely free, how long does it last for free, and is there a limit on the amount of free searches I can perform without being charged?

I have just checked my bank statements, and see that £12.00 was taken from my credit card account by CallCreditCheck 9th September

To say I am cross is an understatement - I have also tried to use the service over the last two months to find important features unavailable to me - when I try to access a new credit report,I receive the message:

Allotted reports
    You have had your allotted number of reports.

I am requesting the £12.00 back that has been taken from my bank account, and wish this to be actioned immediately.
    I also want my account to be closed.

Please contact me as soon as possible.
    Mrs ..........

Subject:
    RE: Noddle / CallCredit enquiries
    Date:
    11/08/11 09:32:07 A.M. GMT Standard Time
    [EMAIL="contact@noddle.co.uk"]contact@noddle.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Hi ........
    Thanks for your email. I can confirm that, as long as you sign up to CallCredit Check using the link that we provided, the service will be free and will remain free.

At least for the trial phase of the Noddle you will need to have an active CallCredit Check account so please don’t cancel your subscription as yet. We are working on getting our own sign up and verification process so that this link isn’t required and we’ll make sure that you are kept up to date in regards to what you need to do with your CallCredit Check account.

As we get closer to our full launch we will contact you in regards to what will happen next with your CallCredit account.

In regards to the number of searches you can carry out, a new report is generated each month and you can view this report as many times as you wish to.

I hope that reassures you.

We look forward to welcoming you to Noddle soon.

Vicci
    The Noddle Team

contact@noddle.co.uk

Email : [EMAIL="contact@noddle.co.uk"]contact@noddle.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Callcredit Information Group - Enabling Smarter Decisions
    Please consider the environment before printing this email
    All you need is love (and chocolate)
  • m3aty
    m3aty Posts: 18 Forumite
    Hi there, the same has happened to me.... signed up for Noddle as it was entirely free, yet CallCreditCheck took £12.00 from my account on 18th December.

No phone number on Callcredit's website and Noddle's just asks you to leave a number for them to call you back.

Did anyone get through to them or get their money back?
  • I tried my free Noddle report and found there was data missing compared to the Experian report I'd received a couple of months earlier. Spoke to Call Credit (after waiting on hold for 15 mins) who got quite irrate when i told them i had more data then they knew about!!!

Also, CHECK THE NODDLE SMALL PRINT. It seems you're also giving them permission to pass your credit file on to 3rd parties. There's no such thing as a free lunch!

Personally I'd use Experian. They're more expensive but their report is complete and they're nice people to talk to.
  • asterraine wrote: »
    I tried my free Noddle report and found there was data missing compared to the Experian report I'd received a couple of months earlier. Spoke to Call Credit (after waiting on hold for 15 mins) who got quite irrate when i told them i had more data then they knew about!!!

Also, CHECK THE NODDLE SMALL PRINT. It seems you're also giving them permission to pass your credit file on to 3rd parties. There's no such thing as a free lunch!

Personally I'd use Experian. They're more expensive but their report is complete and they're nice people to talk to.

Experian are not nice people they are the same as the rest
    just trying to make money .Their free credit report is what it says ,but for excisting customers ,they are forced to pay for
    identity fraud protection when just wanting to check their file
    how they are allowed to do this is quite beyoind belief nothing
    more than a scam .A licencse to print money and who pays?in
    8O % of the cases people will be checking their file because they need credit ,having to fork out 14.99 is not helping anyone.
    £87 million ROFLmAO :rotfl:
  • Ive just cheacked my bank account and they have taken £20 from me. Not Happy!
  • They have taken £20 from my account too about 3 months after I subscribed. Not happy as I had clicked for the Free report. Will have to send some stern emails and demand my money back.
  • hi everyone I have just joined noodle (over a month now ) no charges have been made. But just to let you know this site was recommended to my daughter via the Croydon police fraud division to keep an eye on her credit as someone was using her address for fraud. hope this puts your minds at rest.
    kind regards
    marion
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    hi everyone I have just joined noodle (over a month now ) no charges have been made. But just to let you know this site was recommended to my daughter via the Croydon police fraud division to keep an eye on her credit as someone was using her address for fraud. hope this puts your minds at rest.
    kind regards
    marion

I bet some of the previous posters just didnt read things correctly, basically a user error occured.
  • John_Jizzle
    John_Jizzle Posts: 364
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Plus most the CallCredit work is now sent to Lithuania - wouldnt want my details passed across
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure