Mouth and Foot Painting Artists - beware!!

Comments

• ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Salvation Army.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • Personally I would choose a charity that was close to my heart. If you haven't got any particular one what about medicin sans frontier?
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • artbaron
    artbaron Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    I've got them a few times. Never felt guilty, my only regret is that I don't still receive them and have to buy my cards at Christmas. Reminds me of an organisation years ago (Readers' Digest possibly?) who sent me stuff without my asking then demanded payment. I never paid and I ignored their correspondence and when they eventually gave up I had about 12 books worth about £500 in total, for free. Still got some of them, excellent books.
  • artbaron wrote: »
    I've got them a few times. Never felt guilty, my only regret is that I don't still receive them and have to buy my cards at Christmas. Reminds me of an organisation years ago (Readers' Digest possibly?) who sent me stuff without my asking then demanded payment. I never paid and I ignored their correspondence and when they eventually gave up I had about 12 books worth about £500 in total, for free. Still got some of them, excellent books.

Bwahahaha, good on you. :D
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    ariba10 wrote: »
    Salvation Army.

Yeah so that they can pay the clothing bank bloke £10 million over 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • sirmarcus
    sirmarcus Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Always wondered regs the authenticity of this so thanks for confirmng it is a scam.
  • Thanks for the information on the mouth & foot artist xmas cards, you just saved me some money
    thank you xx
  • kermitfrog
    kermitfrog Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    ninaangelt wrote: »
    Thanks for the information on the mouth & foot artist xmas cards, you just saved me some money...

How? Won't you be buying Christmas cards this year?
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    kermitfrog wrote: »
    How? Won't you be buying Christmas cards this year?

Well, as this is a thread telling you that the mouth and foot painting artists operate as a business not a charity I would imagine that ninangelt won't be feeling guilty about not paying for the cards they have received.....
  • kermitfrog
    kermitfrog Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Well, as this is a thread telling you that the mouth and foot painting artists operate as a business not a charity I would imagine that ninangelt won't be feeling guilty about not paying for the cards they have received.....

Obviously I wasn't being my usual cynical self.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure