PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Possibility of hidden CCTV in shared house

124»

Comments

• propertyman
    propertyman Posts: 2,922 Forumite
    Perhaps " you did the stupid thing that you did" to prove that the CCTV was installed.

The call you overheard only added to an earlier suspicion....
    Stop! Think. Read the small print. Trust nothing and assume that it is your responsibility. That way it rarely goes wrong.
    Actively hunting down the person who invented the imaginary tenure, "share freehold";
    if you can show me one I will produce my daughter's unicorn
  • stuckdebt
    stuckdebt Posts: 96 Forumite
    Very good link propertyman, I shall bookmark that and refer to it if it actually turns out to be true.
    Total debt Aug 2012: £3800, Nov: £3225, Dec: £3151.45 2013: Jan: £1544.24 :j Feb: £1492.03 :( Sept 2013: Debt free :D
  • rentergirl
    rentergirl Posts: 371 Forumite
    There have been cases of sleazy landlords placing hidden cameras in female tenants bedrooms. I think one culprit was jailed. Mindful as I am of the date today, nothing would surprise me. If you think this is true, go to the police, with good evidence.
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    rentergirl wrote: »
    There have been cases of sleazy landlords placing hidden cameras in female tenants bedrooms.

I take exception to that, I am not Sleazy and my cameras are only in the bathrooms :rotfl:
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Technology marches on - now you can fit a decentish camera into a phone, so think how small those units are! Very hard to find if hidden. They do, however, need to be attached to power and a monitor of some sort (or VHS, etc). This means they must be wireless (in which case somebody changes the hefty battery 3 times a week), or have a transformer and/or signal wire running to them, so electronic devices should be your first suspects, or holes in locked cupboards above power sockets ;-)

However you can get devices from places like dx.com (cheap, but takes //forever// to deliver) which help detect hiddent cameras by flashing/pulsing red lights, you look through a hole, and it bounces off the exposed lenses. Probably takes a bit of practice, but it's up to you if you're after peace of mind.
  • MoneySaverLog
    MoneySaverLog Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Very cloak and dagger stuff here. If there is CCTV installed without your knowledge then you should get proof and go to the police, if there are no trailing wires it does mean that it's being transmitted in some way - Try tuning in using your TV!

Also I certainly would not want anyone to have keys to my property to walk in at anytime they like, get the locks changed.
  • ruggedtoast
    ruggedtoast Posts: 9,819 Forumite
    stuckdebt wrote: »
    I dont know what you think I did, But I took some of his food.

I also have just heard him talking to someone in the house about it, no one knows i am up yet though..

Btw this is not april fools, not on my part anyway.. and if it, then theyre the fool as this started yesterday.

Are you sure we aren't talking about this scenario? Are you sure???

American-Pie---All-5-Slices-Cd-Cover-7373.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport