Devastated - Offered Lloyds TSB Cash Account

2»

Comments

• The default is against my sister not me. My sister and I will prove this and hopefully this will resolve it in a few weeks or months time
    QUIDCO £2827 paid out since October 2007:D
  • I am sure you can still have a monthly saver. Also that having a cash account DOES NOT ntitle you to a £10 buffer as stated, it may or may not be given based on account decisions at the time.

Also the problem with your files is that the search is generaly done on names and date of birth it then produces all addresses registered to those details. You are right to get yourself dis-associated from your sister. If you placed a note on your experian file and then produced that at your branch they should be able to rectify the issue for you. I think the key here is to ALWAYS use your middle name. Try as well providing both yours and your sisters passports as proof this may too help.
  • I suspect that I was rejected based on five late payments with a settled and closed account with Abbey earlier this year

Unfortunately, you were credit scored because you applied for a current account and thus offered a basic account because you did not meet their score and/or criteria.
    The point is to ask for an upgrade to a classic account after 3-6 months and take advantage of their 1 year regular savings account at 8% AER.

My question is, do you think it likely I will get upgraded to classic account and how soon?

Upgrading the basic account is based on performance and how you conduct the account in general.
  • I suspect that I was rejected based on five late payments with a settled and closed account with Abbey earlier this year

Unfortunately, you were credit scored because you applied for a current account and thus offered a basic account because you did not meet their score and/or criteria.

The point is to ask for an upgrade to a classic account after 3-6 months and take advantage of their 1 year regular savings account at 8% AER.

My question is, do you think it likely I will get upgraded to classic account and how soon?

Well all thats really helpfull for her but we have realised where the issues are without being as unhelpfull as your post sounds.
  • Well all thats really helpfull for her but we have realised where the issues are without being as unhelpfull as your post sounds.

Perhaps the issues are being addressed.
    However, the OP asked questions relating to the opening of the particular current account in question.

I gave my own opinion based on the original question which was asked.

How does my response sound unhelpful?
  • It was unhelpfull because if you read the thread the situation is pretty much resolved therefore youe opinion is not only wrong as it does not take into account the facts but out-dated for the flow of the thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure