Forum Introduction Guide official discussion

Comments

• torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Reading some of the posts in this thread, can someone tell me how these newbie's managed to get directed here if they have used the forum introduction guide.
  • What Martin failed to tell us on itv.thismorning when he advised contacting a credit rating company such as Equifax in order to get your credit report to find out the name of the company, who gave the credit and missold PPI if you cannot remember is that they only have credit records going back six years. The company in question who gave me credit was around 10/13 years so I wasted my time and money by having to ring them to clarify this. Martin said you can claim PPI back for a transaction that was up to 15 years ago I believe
  • When I can post links as a newbie? After what number of posts or days?
    Thanks.
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    me_laura wrote: »
    When I can post links as a newbie? After what number of posts or days?
    Thanks.

When you have made a sufficient number of posts and/or been a member a sufficient period of time.

The exact details are not published as that would nullify the reason for the restriction (i.e. to help prevent spamming) ... but when you've been here long enough it's not too difficult to work out ;)
    (but then it's too late I suppose :cool:)

Keep contributing and you will eventually be able to post URLs :)
  • Marigold123
    Marigold123 Posts: 1,164
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 25 July 2013 at 5:05AM
    I can't believe you used the word "bargainistas" - even Google Chrome spell check doesn't recognise it :)
    I think bargainista is cool. We need more Ital-glish in our lives! :)
    A penny saved is a penny gained
  • Old_Wrinkly
    Old_Wrinkly Posts: 5,182 Forumite
    edited 25 July 2013 at 11:45AM
    I thought it was Spanglish ... :think:

See Jenna's post above (#8).
    extension of Sandinista ... Portillista ... fashionista ...
  • shoneygb
    shoneygb Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 8 August 2013 at 9:13PM
    wheres the car insurance chat ? ps i pay £15 a year including euro breakdown yer big smile oh engine is 5.8ltr so no econo car
  • 602french
    602french Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 14 August 2013 at 2:20PM
    Hi, New to forum.
    Can anyone help and give any information on flight from Glasgow with Thomas Cook Airlines to Vancouver on 22nd July and return Vancouver to Glasgow on 26th August.
    This flight was delayed till 27th August with a 25 hour delay. I do not have any flight nos. boarding passes, booking ref. nos. I asked my travel agent Canadian affair if they could help, they passed my request information onto Thomas Cook which I do not think they will provide. There must be a few people on this return flight that was delayed, I would be grateful for any information.These dates are in2009
  • Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The "Please read and stick to the Forum Rules" bit is too hidden away beneath the mailing list advert (the thirds such advert in the page!). It should appear before the invitation to "join up" (link).

"watch our introductory video below" - appears below the video, so should say to watch the video above, or else the video needs moving down.

Plus someone needs to tidy the irrelevant posts out of this thread.
  • I have a question I want to ask and can't see anyway of being able to do this...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure