DOJO boutique ??? anyone

I am looking to buy a LCD television - Dojo boutique's website has great prices, however, its operational setup seems very secretive and I wonder if it is to good to be true ? Has anyone had any dealing with this company or heard any reports about them ?

Comments

• Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    It's a completely untrustworthy website which will steal your money and then attempt identity theft.

See this comment on Web of Trust for more details:

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/dojoboutique.net
  • Having further checked the UK contact address given in Belfast, it turns out to be Iceland frozen foods
  • robert.norman3
    robert.norman3 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 8 April 2012 at 7:34PM
    i WAS AT A POINT OF PAYING FOR A NETBOOK FROM THIS COMPANY, BUT WAS WEARY WHEN i READ ABOUT THE ADDRESS BEING OF ' ICELAND FOOD STORE ' IN BELFAST.
    I ALSO SEARCHED THE ADDRESS AND GUESS WHAT- THIS IS THE ADDRESS OF 'ICELAND FOOD STORES' IN BELFAST.
    I HAVE NOW CANCELLED MY ORDER, BUYERS BE AWARE OF THIS FAKE.
    LIKE PEOPLE SAY- IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN IT OFTEN IS.
    THANKYOU KINGCOAL FOR YOUR POST.
  • Do not buy anything from this web site. It is a scam. They steal your money and then claim before you can have the goods sent you have to send passport and other forms of identity.obviously they are not only content with stealing your money but they aslo want to steal your identity. Have nothing to do with dojo boutique.
  • I have the embarrassment to say I have been caught - I spent £85 on a fat free fryer and just received an email this evening asking for mypassport details and bank details before they delivered. What can anyone do about stopping this? I have contacted watchdog.
  • If I bought something from here there is a way to recover my money?
  • katie64
    katie64 Posts: 8 Forumite
    I cannot believe I have fallen for this too. I paid by MasterCard- anyone know if I can claim back ?
  • I think our money stolen!
  • DON'T PAY!!!

Just been caught by this also, asked for my passport details yesterday and I have refused. Spoke to bank this am and they have cancelled the card, got to speak to the disputes team now to try and get refund. These are the things that they asked for!!

In order for us to protect our customers and co-workers and for security reasons we need to verify your identity for this order, please provide us with:

1) - TWO different non-expired, unaltered and clear copies from your Passport, Country ID Card, Driver's License...
    2) - Any TWO copies of a recent proof of residence (bank statement, water bill, electricity bill, gas bill...) matching the address as registered in your profile
    3) - A picture with you and your Passport or Country ID Card opened in your hands. Make sure that the photo will be high-resolution and clear, the picture must be taken close enough to show your face and data from the passport clearly.
  • So if I go to the bank and talk to someone so I went and imagine that I get my money back?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure