Hollister Store - clearance

Comments

• The smell is so strong in there because they go round with spray bottles of fragrance and literally spray all the clothes with the sickly "Hollister" smell.

dd has got one of the body sprays and it is so sickly, went in the bathroom yesterday after she had sprayed it and had to open the window..
    i feel very sorry for the teachers at her school imagine being in a class room with half a dozen teenage girls stinking of this :eek:
    Lead us not into temptation...

just tell us where it is and we'll find it....
  • Its the same with 'Gilly Hicks' too dark, overpoweringly perfumed and strange sized clothes that you can't see anyway!
    Yes my DD1 is obsessed with these 'cool' stores too and finds it embarrassing that I keep asking what the price is and size as I can't see a thing! :mad:
    I refuse to go into shops that I have to queue for! And only went in with her, after much pestering, as there wasn't a queue this time. I didn't last long, as you can imagine! DD1 got mega embarrassed because I asked where the reduced section was! :money:

That said, she did come back from her last trip with a small bag and showed me her 'bargain'! A reduced price bra - which was actually cheaper than the similar one in JL! She is listening to me then! :money::rotfl:

But now she wants a bottle of the perfume for xmas - so I have to find a way of buying it without going myself! :(

:beer:
  • when hollister opened in norwich chapplefields there was a queue for over a week and they had doormen letting people in and out..
    Lead us not into temptation...

just tell us where it is and we'll find it....
  • dayday
    dayday Posts: 72 Forumite
    Gemini_Jes wrote: »
    At the Cardiff store on Thursday there were 2 young men/boys handing out leaflets wearing only swimming shorts.....their bodies were great...:rotfl::rotfl:

Ahhhh I saw them... I had a sneaky look and walked on past... haha
  • If you have a teen or two who are into this crud I really would save up and go to the USA.....We saved such a packet getting the stuff over there. DD has more hoodies than she has space for and all a fraction of the price.
    Debt free and plan on staying that way!!!!
  • Since being introduced to outlets of A&F in new jersey I will not pay full American price for anything let alone full UK prices. Even the normal USA prices have gone up and where there used to be really good reductions, these have diminished on recent trips to NYC compared to previous years. I haven't been to UK hollister shops but didn't like the US versions, wasn't as dark as A&F and didn't notice a smell (I actually like the A&F smell as it's the mens Fierce aftershave which is dispersed from large airfreshner type vapourisors on the ceiling and I saw them physically pouring a bottle of the stuff on the doormat at the front of the shop!). And yes shipping from the states when therehas been shops here for good few years now seems mad.
  • Love this brand although the shipping is a joke but i still pay it:mad:But im thankful im in the UK and not Romania or Latvia where shipping is £25:eek::rotfl:
    :dance:Quidco Payments In 2011 - £724.21 :dance:

June: £43.15/July: £51.22/August: £90.60/September: £29.75/October: £284.07/November: £171.08/December: £29.22
  • haha my boyfriend is an addict to Hollister and he paid £40 for a tiny bottle of their aftershave - which is basically pretty much what they spray round the shop, it smells awful.
  • The Reading store never has a queue. Its fairly new and no clearance rail unfortunatley.

I have to agree that if you know anyone going to the states then get them to buy items as so much cheaper. However i still buy in the UK stores as I only get to go on holiday once a year and its not always the US.

Abercrombie and a&f kids just recently changed thier sites to the £10 shipping and prices in £, but the prices have gone up as before it was cheaper to buy in $ and ship even including the shipping fee, whihc was usually around $25 but spread out over a number of items worked out quite well.
  • eherway
    eherway Posts: 15 Forumite
    If you're after cheap(er!) Hollister clothing they have a UK discount outlet here:
    http://www.hollistersale.uk.com/

I've just been on to order an item and the postage is now £6.99 for a 5-7 day delivery and they're now accepting PayPal.

The only thing I'm skeptical about is the RRP's they quote on the site as they do not correspond on the items I was looking at on the labels in store! However, the discounted prices on the website are in line with their sale items in store, but I'd take the percentage of discount they claim it is with a pinch of salt!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure