IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye - help!!

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    You need to acknowledge the claim saying that you will defend it full , and ask for a further 28 days to formulate your defence. Important not to worry though as the guys on pepipoo are good with this.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    kittiej wrote: »
    Have you acknowledged service for this? You need to and ask that it be transferred to your local county court.....
    I've picked this one up from Pepipoo now, and am sorting the defence.

The OP can't ask for it to be transferred to his local court until he has submitted a defence, and Northampton send back a Directions Questionnaire, that's how the system works.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Stroma wrote: »
    You need to acknowledge the claim saying that you will defend it full , and ask for a further 28 days to formulate your defence.....
    You don't get a further 28 days, you get 14 + the original 14 = 28 in total.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    bargepole wrote: »
    You don't get a further 28 days, you get 14 + the original 14 = 28 in total.

Oops didn't know that, will alter my advice in future - thanks!
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
  • shebs_2
    shebs_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    thank you so so much everyone, it's nice that there's some good people left in the world.
  • I got a "PCN" from these Parkingeye scum-buckets yesterday. I intend to ignore it - if they do take it further I'm going to ask them to prove who was driving - it wasn't me. I believe that I'm under no legal obligation to furnish them with the name of the driver although the blurb on the back of the notice implies that I should tell them who was driving, If I don't or they can't find who was they can (so they say) pursue me. Let em try.

I am going to write to complain to the DVLA that they have broken Data Protection regulations by giving my name and address. MY understanding is that they can give out details under certain circumstances but that helping a private company seek settlement of invoices stretches credibility a bit. Am I right?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I got a "PCN" from these Parkingeye scum-buckets yesterday. I intend to ignore it - if they do take it further I'm going to ask them to prove who was driving - it wasn't me. I believe that I'm under no legal obligation to furnish them with the name of the driver although the blurb on the back of the notice implies that I should tell them who was driving, If I don't or they can't find who was they can (so they say) pursue me. Let em try.

I am going to write to complain to the DVLA that they have broken Data Protection regulations by giving my name and address. MY understanding is that they can give out details under certain circumstances but that helping a private company seek settlement of invoices stretches credibility a bit. Am I right?

Have they issued a court claim already?

If so, you need to start your own thread, rather than pitch-up on someone else's and confuse things.

And if not, then yes - you need to start your own thread too because you have a totally different situation to deal with!
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    I got a "PCN" from these Parkingeye scum-buckets yesterday. I intend to ignore it - if they do take it further I'm going to ask them to prove who was driving - it wasn't me. I believe that I'm under no legal obligation to furnish them with the name of the driver although the blurb on the back of the notice implies that I should tell them who was driving, If I don't or they can't find who was they can (so they say) pursue me. Let em try.

Can you please not hijack other people's threads, this one has an active small claim in it and is different to your situation. Please create your own unique thread below. Many thanks
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
  • If so, you need to start your own thread, rather than pitch-up on someone else's and confuse things.

And if not, then yes - you need to start your own thread too because you have a totally different situation to deal with![/QUOTE]

Apologies. No offence intended.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    I wonder if McDonalds are aware that their contractor is bringing legal action against it's customers which could back-fire and make McDonalds appear negatively in the media.

After-all, any defeats won't be reported as "Parking Eye fails to sue customer for overstaying car-park", instead "McDonalds fails to sue customer for overstaying in car-park with broken down car"

----

10p on Parking Eye dropping the case once a defence has been entered
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family