Time to start again

Comments

• Had a really down day at work today certain pressures you find working in the care sector i have worked another 12 hour shift 8am-8pm i am tired i have done some work on swagbucks and worked on my application form this evening, i am soon going to go to bed i suppose on a plus side i havent spent any money :O) tomorrow will be a better day i will have my daughter with me x:j
  • Well today i was up from 7am to start my shift at work today finishing at two o clock, I have now got my daughter for the weekend which i am really looking forward to i love my time with my daughter my evening has been focused around enjoying each others company playing games having fun, its priceless love and devotion leaves many a happy memory for a child

spend wise
    two pound for my daughters youth club
    nothing else thank you mum and dad for cooking my tea :O)
  • You seem like such a great guy. I wish I could always be as positive as you. Its great to read about you having such a fab relationship with your daughter.

She will reap the benefits when she is older, as girls always marry a guy like their daddy. :T

Hope you are having a great day. Keep going xxx
  • Well GoodMorning ermmm well nearly afternoon isnt it, i am really having fun with my daughter shame i cant say the same about the weather here in the North East freezing fog cold and terribly, agen uine a miserable day so far. This morning we have been snuggled up watching a family movie colouring in, and just chilling out Happy daddy will be watching his beloved football Sunderland Fc later on (i know, some one has to support them ) I have already done my saturday morning shopping been to Tesco and Aldi for my parents and collected the clubcard points thanks mum and dad x so thats out of there way After dinner we are planning to Go to the locomotion railway museum its a great place to take the kids they have lots of different events on throughout the year and its free after this i will be going to a indoor play area i feel sorry for these guys there business is failing but i make it to my advantage one pound fifty and half the time they just let you stay in longer than a normal two hour slot. its perfect for an energetic 9 year old, whatever you up to have a great weekend and i will talk more later i have lots to say X Happy daddy X
  • Aww Thanks stressed Steph I adolise my daughter i Love my time with my daughter i believe that its not toys or items that buy love love buys love i just want to be the best possible parent for her and have happy memories of me to keep in her heart forevermore . My positivity is based on passed experiences i suffered with depression badly in 2011 but now i try and look at what i have achieved over the day if its a small thing its simply a bonus and even trying to help someone i simply love it with the work that i do working within mental health/drugs and alcohol i see many a sad site both of my parents have declined in health especially this year, so when i look at myself i think yeah i maybe in debt buy hey i am doing something about it and to be honest my life isnt to bad x happydaddyx will write later about what i have been up to
  • Happy daddy will be watching his beloved football Sunderland Fc later on (i know, some one has to support them )

:eek: This made me chuckle :) my BFF from when I was younger is a Sunderland supporter and I grew up a fully fledged member of the Toon Army!

There was the occasional falling out ;) but we've been friends for nearly 30 years now :T

Sounds like you're having a lovely weekend with your DD ..... made me feel all happy, so thanks for sharing.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Hi gutted that i havent posted anything on my diary for the past 24 hours i had some really sad news, that a good friend past away i have known him for 26 years and truly gutted and will definately will miss him Rip friend. Anyway yesterday i had a lovely afternoon initially i made plans to go to an indoor play area i had a bit of a weird moment as my ex girlfriend was there i decided not to go in, it was to much for me to see her children and i didnt want them to be upset and i didnt want my daughter to be upset so i travelled a little further, and had a fun packed afternoon with my darling daughter emma louise x once back from activities i put my 20ps into my saving pot and sorted out clothes that i am going to recycle aswell this week, Yesterday evening was spent with my best friend it was great, and its very important to have friend time he is also my daughters god tfather so i love it when they meet up.

Saturdays Spends
    four pound twenty= indoor play area
    one pound twenty= soft drink at the play area
    two pound seven = goodies for my night with my best friend

Today
    Well i have started my day off with my lovely daughter today has been quite a short day for us with me been off midweek i had to pick up some overtime this is my last pay before christmas you see i have been given a magical opportunity i am going to see my daughter this christmas she is going to stay with me christmas eve till christmas day i have never had this before in nine years but truth fully although i am gutted that i cut short my access time by 3 hours i am going to use my imagination and give her a magical christmas so a little bit of overtime today has been perfect for me. This morning i took my daughter to Darlington's reindeer parade with santa it was perfect it was just like watching santa claus the movie it was perfect. I did have initial plans to watch the Durham christmas light switch on for this afternoon with Joe Mcelderry Xfactor winner switching the lights on but with the weather been how it is i decided not to go instead i grabbed this bit of overtime i have only 6 hours more to find of overtime and then i have caught up so Durham i will definately go next year feel gutted that i have missed today first time in a few years. I have also started this morning dejunking my car wow i didnt realise i was driving a portable skip :) i have even put air into my tires i will makes sure i keep a check on this on a regular basis, so i worked an 2-8 today and once i came back from work i have been on swagbucks doing surveys i have sorted a load of dvds which i am going to sell.

During my first week of money saving i have done the following

Started recycling clothes for cash but not to the extreme where i have to wear a fig leaf

Preparing things to sell on ebay and amazon my father is going to help me with posting items Thanks dad i do appreciate it

Daily logins with Swagbucks

Joined the two pound savers club and 20p savers club here on Money saving expert and i put a pound away a day for the next 365 days in a sealed pot

I joined cokezone

And i save aluminium cans and putting them in my garage i have a local scrap yard that will buy them off me

i have started applying for jobs closer to home

I have started a spending diary today to make notes of what i am spending and what i am getting up to i keep forgetting things when it
    comes to posting on here and i will continue to look on here for great tips on moneysaving

So the weather is terrible and floods are everywhere and more rain forcast over the next 24 hours i hope everyone simply stays safe hope every has had a nice weekend have a great Monday folks ;) Happydaddyx
  • You're tackling this really positively and how you talk about your daughter is so sweet :)

The floods are ridiculous - I'm rarely thankful for living on top of a hill but today is one of those times!

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • i had some really sad news, that a good friend past away i have known him for 26 years and truly gutted and will definately will miss him Rip friend.

So sorry to hear your sad news :(
    i have been given a magical opportunity i am going to see my daughter this christmas she is going to stay with me christmas eve till christmas day i have never had this before in nine years but truth fully although i am gutted that i cut short my access time by 3 hours i am going to use my imagination and give her a magical christmas

Aw she is such a lucky girl to have a daddy who absolutely adores her! She's spoilt rotten, but with love, not money. That's the best way :D
    I have also started this morning dejunking my car wow i didnt realise i was driving a portable skip :)

:rotfl:
    Started recycling clothes for cash but not to the extreme where i have to wear a fig leaf

:eek::rotfl:
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Day 9 of money saving and really starting to get into the swing of things, my day started with getting up at 7am this morning for work working a 8-2 today i couldnt believe how bad the weather is water everywhere, i am sure i saw a shark swim past ;) my heart goes out to everyone that has been affected its been dreadful and it feels its going to be a while until Mr Sunshine makes an appearance :( this afternoon i have had the pleasure of my daughter i love it, i love picking her up from school and love hanging out with her, My daughter has an interest in singing and i have managed to find a choir for her to join the nice thing is shes doing something she loves and it costs nothing for me so there is a bonus for me. It feels really weird when i take her back to her mums, even after nine years i miss her deeply i was pleasantly suprised tonight as her mum gave me a tub of broth this should cover my dinner and tea tomorrow thank you it means a lot x. But with the time that i have without my daughter Emma i dedicate my spare time in saving money and clearing debt i still dont know how much i have saved so far, i am feeling so tired this evening i havent done much i have done swagbucks surveys and sorting out more things to sell I have made money today aswell four pound for selling four jigsaws and i am going to make a rabbit hutch out of the spare wood in the garage for my daughters mum i havent decided how much i am going to charge her yet! Keep safe everyone i am off to bed HappyDaddyx

>Todays spends 0.95 for my tea :)
    >
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family