Prince2 exams

Hi, I wasn't sure if this should go here or the techy section. I'm due to be made redundant shortly and have decided to invest some of the money in sitting my Prince2 exams (project management qualification), i did all the course work years ago and work to the principals but would like a formal qualification in it (didn't get opportunity at the time due to various circumstances including redundancy that time too). I want to sit my foundation and practitioner together. From what I've found the prices vary from £800 to £2000. I'd like to sit this soon. Can anyone recommend a company? I'm based in Central Scotland so could easily travel to Glasgow or Edinburgh.
CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J

Comments

• Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    I'd suggest looking on https://www.hotcourses.com and ringing round. If the provider is a fairly small company they may offer you a discount for not being total beginner an/or for cash.
  • kittykarate
    kittykarate Posts: 198 Forumite
    Prince2 is weird - it is very difficult to take the exams without some training, and the people who can offer the training and exams are all limited by the APM Group.

There are some open exam days for self studiers

http://www.prince2.com/prince2-faqs.asp#11

One warning - they have updated Prince2 in the past couple of years, so there may be some terminology changes from when you did your study.
  • ianders
    ianders Posts: 223 Forumite
    I'll shortly be doing ITIL and Prince2 on a self-study basis. All it costs is the books and exam fee of around £99 per exam.
    Once I've finished the study material I'll be sitting it at University of the West of Scotland (Paisley Uni). You don't need to be a student to sit it here. They have a test centre for Pearson Vue, Prometric, Certiport and CTC-Online and is where I sat my Microsoft and CIW certifications.

http://www.uws.ac.uk/schoolsdepts/computing/itacademy/test-centre.asp
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Prince2 is weird - it is very difficult to take the exams without some training, and the people who can offer the training and exams are all limited by the APM Group.

There are some open exam days for self studiers

http://www.prince2.com/prince2-faqs.asp#11

One warning - they have updated Prince2 in the past couple of years, so there may be some terminology changes from when you did your study.

thanks I don't mind doing the courses again since it would be a refresher.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Uniscots97
    ianders wrote: »
    I'll shortly be doing ITIL and Prince2 on a self-study basis. All it costs is the books and exam fee of around £99 per exam.
    Once I've finished the study material I'll be sitting it at University of the West of Scotland (Paisley Uni). You don't need to be a student to sit it here. They have a test centre for Pearson Vue, Prometric, Certiport and CTC-Online and is where I sat my Microsoft and CIW certifications.

http://www.uws.ac.uk/schoolsdepts/computing/itacademy/test-centre.asp

Thanks for that, they are near me. I've done my ITIL so if you need any help give me a shout.
  • It may not be relevant but have you looked in getting funding for it?

My husband was made redundant nearly two years ago and he was able to get some sort of EU funding for his Prince 2 so didn't have to pay for it. I know this funding was only available for people who had been made redundant or were about to be made redundant. He found about it through the Job Centre (they are good for some things).

I don't know if this type of funding is still available but it might be worth looking at?
    There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of your slipper with a biro.....
  • ianders
    ianders Posts: 223 Forumite
    It may not be relevant but have you looked in getting funding for it?

I didn't think of that, have a look to see if you're eligible for the £200 funding from ILA Scotland

http://www.ilascotland.org.uk/ILA+Homepage.htm
  • Uniscots97
    It may not be relevant but have you looked in getting funding for it?

My husband was made redundant nearly two years ago and he was able to get some sort of EU funding for his Prince 2 so didn't have to pay for it. I know this funding was only available for people who had been made redundant or were about to be made redundant. He found about it through the Job Centre (they are good for some things).

I don't know if this type of funding is still available but it might be worth looking at?

I'll give them a call and ask them. I know last time I was made redundant they told me to naff off but only been working 18 months for the company this time. Thank you.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    So my 2009 edition of "Prince2 for Dummies" is outdated?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure