cheap parking manchester city centre

plzzzz can you all help me im goin to manchester on thursday will be there from about 11am till 7 pm can anyone tell me where the cheapest parking is plz xxxxxxxxxxx last time i was there for 4 hrs paid £7 omg could of bought an outfit from primark for that lol xxxxxxxxx

Comments

• sylwright
    sylwright Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You don't say whereabouts in Manchester you are going. Parking in the centre will be very exensive but you could park further out eg Eccles at the Park and Ride and take the Metro into the centre. Only have to pay for a return ticket which is about £2
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you
  • ooooooh
    ooooooh Posts: 85 Forumite
    Can I tag on this thread too please ;)

I'm off to a Manchester Uni (M13) open day soon (it's a Saturday). Are the chances of parking better or worse on Saturdays?

Thanks
  • Ems!
    Ems! Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post
    Hi, it depends how central you want to be really and what side of town you are on - there is a carpark on dale street (near picadilly) which i think is £4 / day(not 100% sure on this, sorry), there are also 2 at the other end of town, near rennaisance hotel, 1 of which is definately £4/day, and I think the other is too (past deansgate - towards victoria) , not sure of the street names of these 2 but i will try to find out tonight. Neither of these are that far from the shops nearest to them - if you understand me - eg from Dale street to Primark = approx 5 mins, but there are certainly more central places to park (for a lot more money!) You can probably park for free if you are willing to walk approx 20 mins in/out of town. i reckon the park and ride at eccles is a good idea.
    Sorry - i don't know anything abt parking nr the uni, but i would imagine if u call they will let u know - u may even get free parking with it being an open day ( or is that wishful thinking!)

Em.x
  • Little_John
    Little_John Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    The carpark at Victoria station is £5 for all day I think. I know it is on Saturdays when I go in.
  • coolsteel
    coolsteel Posts: 356 Forumite
    ooooooh wrote:

I'm off to a Manchester Uni (M13) open day soon (it's a Saturday). Are the chances of parking better or worse on Saturdays?

Thanks
    You will be directed to a car park for £2 or £3 all day as we were two years ago.
    Coolsteel:cool:
    A fool and their money are easily parted.
  • sylwright
    sylwright Posts: 340 Forumite
    ooooooh wrote:

Thanks

I actually work at the Uni and have a staff pass for the Aquatics Car Park. There are quite a few "Uni" car parks and I would have thought they would give you information about these in your travel details. The Aquatics Car Park is only £5 per day to the public during the week so I imagine it will be cheaper at weekend anyway.

As the Uni is little way out from the shopping area there should be plenty of car park places free, especially as the staff aren't generally in on Saturdays.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you
  • ooooooh
    ooooooh Posts: 85 Forumite
    Thanks guys :beer:
  • kijog
    kijog Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm going to an event at Manchester Central (ex-GMEX) this Saturday - is there any cheap/reduced parking around there on a Saturday or that wishful thinking?? Any help much appreciated!
  • bignred05
    bignred05 Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm off to see Peter Kay at the MEN in May

can anyone suggest a decent & cheap place to park

thanks in advance
  • bignred05 wrote: »
    I'm off to see Peter Kay at the MEN in May

can anyone suggest a decent & cheap place to park

thanks in advance

As has already been said, city centre parking is expensive!
    The Arena car park has a £9 event rate.
    There's a car park on Deansgate which is £10 for 4 hours :eek:
    You'd be better off getting to a train station and going by train. As the MEN is right on top of Victoria Station!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure