school exam invigilator anyone??

Comments

• I have heard that Nottingham Trent University are currently recruiting invigilators

You would need to email [EMAIL="regexaminations@ntu.ac.uk"]regexaminations@ntu.ac.uk[/EMAIL] for an application form

Sparkly
  • College and schools would probably be the best bet.

Universities (particularly research-focused ones) usually employ PhD students to invigilate exams and they offer PhD students around £30-£40 per hour for doing so, hence PhD students rarely pass up the opportunity and so universities rarely need external invilators!!
    'I can't deny the British influence on my accent and mannerisms, but I don't know the British national anthem, I didn't weep for Princess Diana and I always cheer when Britain loses at sport. That's how British I am' Constantine-Simms. :T

On God: 'The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike' D. B. McKown :T
  • ** invigilators (sorry about the spelling)
    'I can't deny the British influence on my accent and mannerisms, but I don't know the British national anthem, I didn't weep for Princess Diana and I always cheer when Britain loses at sport. That's how British I am' Constantine-Simms. :T

On God: 'The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike' D. B. McKown :T
  • Fiverqueen
    Fiverqueen Posts: 151 Forumite
    I called in at my son's school yesterday to drop off his lunch ( :rolleyes: ) and asked on the off-chance if they had any non-teaching posts available... a few minutes later I was offered the post of invigilator! It's definitely worth a phone call to your local schools... the worst they can do is say no!

...and at £7 per hour it's better pay than Tescos!! :D
    "A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it." :wall:
    Bob Hope
  • Teresa60
    Teresa60 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Well after reading this thread I emailed my sons secondary school, just enquiring about exam invigilators and a lady phoned me today and I am going along to meet her tomorrow. She said they are short of people. She asked if I had any experience, I said no, but she said its mostly common sense. They need people for Year 10 exams next week and then SATS in May so I suggest anyone just email or phone your local secondary school or college.
  • Teresa60
    Well I went along to the school this morning and I got the job. I start on Wednesday. It is very flexible, I just let them know when I am available and you are put on a rota. They pay £7.02 per hour which I think is great for quite an easy job. Get a move on anyone that wants to do it, because exams are taking place from now until the end of June.
  • Savannah02K
    Savannah02K Posts: 307 Forumite
    Worth contacting your local university as they run exams throughout the year, not just in the summer. Also contact the local medical school to see if they need 'patients' for the courses they run on teaching medics communication skills. St Johns Ambulance also pay for 'casualties' when they're running first aid at work courses.
  • afk25
    afk25 Posts: 38 Forumite
    I work for a University and invigilate most years. The money is usually better than schools, I think its nearly £10 an hour. I would contact the larger departments though as they tend to struggle getting the cover for exams than the smaller ones. Also be aware that unless you work there they may be other criteria involved in getting on the books as they tend to ask people they know...
  • Teresa60
    Well I did my first spot of invigilating today, well it was training really, just watching what the other invigilators did. I got £7 an hour and it lasted two hours. I wont lie, it was a boring job, but someones got to do it!!
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The SATs are great exams to do only about an hour long, one is only 30mins!
    Not quite the same for the GCSEs though - one coming up is 2.5hrs long (that'll be a tough one).
    The flexibilty is wonderful though.:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport