Bank Of Scotland Preference account PPI

I have posted before about 2 loans I am reclaiming PPI on but I have a BOS Preference Account which I am paying CreditCare PPI on. I have had this account since 1999 and when I took the card I was in employment where all sickness was paid. I rang the insurance company to ascertain whether the policy includes sickness benefits and lo and behold it does. I then rang BOS to clarify some other details and logged the mis selling complaint verbally prior to sending a stage 1 letter. The chap I spoke to said that someone from their customer care department would ring me within 5 working days to discuss the issue. I think as other posters have observed that banks are trying to be a bit more "personal".
Hopefully I can sort out the mis selling claim which I reckon to be worth about £3500 over the phone!.......I wont hold my breath though.

Has anyone else had success on reclaiming PPI based on sickness cover when this is provided by your employer when they had obviously signed for the insurance in the first place.?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    paulman wrote: »
    I have posted before about 2 loans I am reclaiming PPI on but I have a BOS Preference Account which I am paying CreditCare PPI on. I have had this account since 1999 and when I took the card I was in employment where all sickness was paid. I rang the insurance company to ascertain whether the policy includes sickness benefits and lo and behold it does. I then rang BOS to clarify some other details and logged the mis selling complaint verbally prior to sending a stage 1 letter. The chap I spoke to said that someone from their customer care department would ring me within 5 working days to discuss the issue. I think as other posters have observed that banks are trying to be a bit more "personal".
    Hopefully I can sort out the mis selling claim which I reckon to be worth about £3500 over the phone!.......I wont hold my breath though.

Has anyone else had success on reclaiming PPI based on sickness cover when this is provided by your employer when they had obviously signed for the insurance in the first place.?

Good luck with this and bumping up for you the same time.:D;)X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • finatra26
    finatra26 Posts: 4,106
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Paulman - I wom with BOS CC going back further than yours - one of my reasons being that my employer pays full pay if off sick - good lick with this
  • paulman
    paulman Posts: 14 Forumite
    A bit of info. for all those successful claimants of missold PPI on Preference accounts through Bank of Scotland. I received a letter on 16th december informing me my claim had been upheld on a Preference Account dating back to 1999 but after numerous chases have been told today there is a THREE AND A HALF MONTH DELAY :mad: in calculating redress. This is apparently due to the time taken in looking through old statements held on microfiche. (Computer records go back to 2005). With the amount of claims going through and the amount of interest accruing by the day, it would probably be cheaper for BOS to set on a few more staff to speed up this process!
    Anyway I have contacted the FOS to complain and we will see what response I get.......
  • di3004
    A bit of info. for all those successful claimants of missold PPI on Preference accounts through Bank of Scotland. I received a letter on 16th december informing me my claim had been upheld on a Preference Account dating back to 1999 but after numerous chases have been told today there is a THREE AND A HALF MONTH DELAY :mad: in calculating redress. This is apparently due to the time taken in looking through old statements held on microfiche. (Computer records go back to 2005). With the amount of claims going through and the amount of interest accruing by the day, it would probably be cheaper for BOS to set on a few more staff to speed up this process!
    Anyway I have contacted the FOS to complain and we will see what response I get.......

Hello there
    Sorry to hear of the messing around you have been going through, fingers crossed with the FOS.;)
  • NeKo
    NeKo Posts: 25
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 6 May 2010 at 12:18AM

I am in the same situation and recieved a letter on 18th March upholding my case and advising that a refund would be made in next 28 days. I have been chasing this up on a weekly basis but approx two weeks ago I had a return call advising that it could take another month! I originally registered my complaint on 19th Dec 2009 and I'm not very happy that this has been dragging on for so long. BRGDS NeKO
  • NeKo
    NeKo Posts: 25
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    finatra26 wrote: »
    Hi Paulman - I wom with BOS CC going back further than yours - one of my reasons being that my employer pays full pay if off sick - good lick with this

mine went back to 1978... No wonder they are taking so long! NeKo
  • Hi, I`ve just received a letter from RBS, saying they owe me the full amount I paid for a ppi. Great news. But they put it into an account I no longer have with RBS, as I had to take out an IVA about 12 months ago. Can they keep the money, if it was not for a unpaid loan? The ppi loan was paid off about 4yrs ago...
  • di3004
    kphutch wrote: »
    Hi, I`ve just received a letter from RBS, saying they owe me the full amount I paid for a ppi. Great news. But they put it into an account I no longer have with RBS, as I had to take out an IVA about 12 months ago. Can they keep the money, if it was not for a unpaid loan? The ppi loan was paid off about 4yrs ago...

Hi there

Well done on this.:beer:

Personally I would contact them to make sure on this, although I am aware if there is monies still owed they have the right to have the refund paid directly to the account, but anything remaining and interest should be refunded directly to you.

Give them a ring, good luck.;)
  • I have two Bank Of Scotland preference accounts unfortunately, made some really disastrous errors a few years ago when in very bad circumstances. Have tried before to reclaim ppi on these accounts and been told couldn't be done. Would be very eager to hear how other posters have managed, even if it does take a while, I am paying huge interest on these accounts.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,004
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ericha6677 wrote: »
    I have two Bank Of Scotland preference accounts unfortunately, made some really disastrous errors a few years ago when in very bad circumstances. Have tried before to reclaim ppi on these accounts and been told couldn't be done. Would be very eager to hear how other posters have managed, even if it does take a while, I am paying huge interest on these accounts.
    Give them a ring,have your reasons for mis sell ready,if they tell you that you cannot claim,ask the reasons for this and post back here and we can take it from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure