Cheapest way to send large heavy item?

Husband is selling some DJ kit in a flight case. We're looking for the cheapest way to send it, ideally collected from our house.

The item measures 30cm x 63cm x 54cm and weighs 20kg.

Any suggestions on who would be the cheapest would be much appreciated.
Here I go again on my own....

Comments

• windswept
    windswept Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    probably payperdrop and interparcel are good too.
    "There is a light that never goes out"
  • Cute_'n'_Quirky
    Cute_'n'_Quirky Posts: 2,082 Forumite
    Are payperdrop ok to use?

Their listing on ebay looks good but you never know!

Do they get signatures on delivery?
  • kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • windswept
    PPD use dhl, so you can view tracking and signature online and input the tracking details into paypal.
    PPD are a bit slow in responding to problems, as I found out when a parcel of mine get lost in bristol for 2 days, but now they offer a guaranteed next day service , so if it doesn't happen , your next delivery is free.
    Even my parcel force account can't beat the £6.99 ppd service.
  • windswept
    kenshaz wrote: »
    Are you kidding???
    £25 for next day on a 10kg parcel!:eek:
  • Jakejakejake
    Jakejakejake Posts: 6,324 Forumite
    Parcelforce Booking
    ^ I use this site ^
    £6.25/£6.75 for 48/24hr
  • stolt
    stolt Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    i've used payperdrop a few times, and as the poster above pointed out they use dhl, out fo about 10 deliveries i've had two breakages and two complete losses, takes a while to sort out, the claims, i'm still waiting near on 6 months for a lose printer (last seen in vauxhall depot), other than that there really isnt much choice. might want to check out how much the compensation is.
    Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!
  • Cute_'n'_Quirky
    Cute_'n'_Quirky Posts: 2,082 Forumite
    parcelforce is quite reasonable up to 15kgs.
  • payperdrop are very good, OP's item would only cost 5.99, its easy to blame payperdrop for the delivery problems, but its not them who deliver, payperdrop are just the agents getting you a good deal, dhl are responsible for delivery.

alot of the negative feedback left for payperdrop is absolutely of no fault of theirs!

used them a few times now, absolutely no problems
  • natalie1974
    natalie1974 Posts: 874 Forumite
    totally agree with you , DHL do the deliveries , not PPD . I have used PPD approx 15 times now and not once have they lost or broken any item I have sent . The only !!!!-up I had ( and I can't figure out why it happened on this occasion as I always used to do this ) was on my parcels I used to put who it was going to in big writing at the top of the parcel and where DHL put their sticker and return to sender address in small writing at the bottom . For some reason one time the machine that reads the addresses read my address and therefore sent the item back to Dartford depot to deliver to me . I managed to sort it out by phoning DHL myself and the parcel was re-delivered the following day so in total took 48 hours .

My DHL courier said put any return info inside the parcel as DHL WILL open them to find this out .
    Baby Thomas born 3 months early by emergency section on 21/1/09 weighing 1lb 15ozs .
    Thomas came home after 3 months and 2 days in hospital weighing 5lb 15ozs
    Thomas weighed 21lb 4ozs on his 1st birthday , a total weight gain of 18lbs 5ozs !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure