Avoiding Sky TV's Call-Out Charge

2»

Comments

• Sky raise their fees by £1 each September regardless.
  • Moneymaker wrote: »
    On the face of it, this looks good. However, it costs money to pay for an installer to drive to your house and back. There's fuel, maintenance, wages, nat insurance. pension and a host of other costs. Somebody has to pay and it ends up added to everyone else's subscription, which goes up year after year.

On that basis, this kind of blackmail isn't doing anyone a favour.
    Perhaps SKY could cut back on the millions it throws at soccer every year for the TV rights.

:D
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • ukjoel
    ukjoel Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sky give u a free dish and box if u commit to spending 20-70 quid a month with them on their programmes. Therefore as the content is already paid for and bought and costs them the same to beam out to 1 person or a million people you are effectively paying 240 - 840 a year for the box and dish.

Mine had broken 3 times and the minute the indian call centre transfer you to cancellations the first thing they ask is is there anything we can do to keep you at Sky.

Answer every time is fix box for free.

Guess what - everytime they did and last time free upgrade to sky plus was asked for as well and I got it. If I had an HDTV I would ask for that too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure