Howdens appliances

Hi everyone.

Getting a kitchen from Howdens. I've been given the choice of either Bosch or Lamona for both the ovens and the hob. Been reading up on the reviews and I'm not keen on the Lamona range...lots of negative comments. Does anyone have any comments on their Bosch appliances?

Any views/opinions/comments etc welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Comments

• RX-78
    RX-78 Posts: 223 Forumite
    I'm thinking of Howdens myself. Do they not allow you to source your own appliance/sinks/taps etc? They are usually cheaper to get it on the net (I read kitchen manufacturers have better profit margin on appliances than the units).
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    Lamona are re-badged Beko for the fridge & freezers not sure who makes the other items.

I would get your appliances elsewhere there were very expensive when we got a kitchen from them we just got the units
  • Pete_10
    Pete_10 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Yes but my kitchen fitter has strongly advised against going elsewhere as the appliances may not fit properly into the units. Grrr

Pete
  • deanos
    Forumite
    Maybe your fitter is taking a cut ?

There is no reason why they wont fit, you are not telling me a Bosch cooker + hob bought from elsewhere wont fit, they are all standard sizes
  • Pete_10
    My fitter no longer works for Howdens and is putting in my kitchen as a favour and I'm getting a discount on the appliances. So my issue is not the cost but the reliability of the Bosch appliances.

I read the bad reviews on the Lamona range and I'm hoping the Bosch appliances are good and reliable. Lamona and Bosch are the only two makes that Howdens deal with.

Pete
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,239
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm about to have a Howdens kitchen fitted and am supplying my own appliances because I was advised by my man that Howdens weren't the cheapest. As far as I know, built in appliances are all a standard size.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,239
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh and my Bosch dishwasher (that I am about to change for an integral one) has worked perfectly since I bought it about six years ago.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • deanos
    Forumite
    Pete_10 wrote: »
    So my issue is not the cost but the reliability of the Bosch appliances.

You said it was because your fitter said they would not fit a minute ago.
  • Pete_10
    Sorry about the confusion. The fitter said that any other make of ovens may not fit propery into the units.

Personally speaking I thought they were all standard sizes too...
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I sourced my appliances elsewhere, including sink and taps and worktops. I used existing fridge, freezer and washing machine with no problems for my fitter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure