thatsean Posts: 992 Forumite
    Ordered mine :)
  • Lulee36
    Lulee36 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Mine arrived today not bad for free
  • Andy7856
    Andy7856 Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Why pay £6.50 for a photograph that is hidden in your wallet most of the time... ??? What next a cashpoint that allows Facebook access for 20p a throw...

That said could i upload of picture of the HSBC Canary Wharf Tower onto the Barclay card? :)
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Andy7856 wrote: »
    That said could i upload of picture of the HSBC Canary Wharf Tower onto the Barclay card? :)
    No, the image guidelines state:

The image you choose for your card must not contain any of the following:
    • Reference to any bank, building society or other monetary institution;
    Given that the HSBC tower has HSBC's name and logo prominently at the top, it would be rejected. Based on the guidelines, I don't think you could even have the Barclays tower in Canary Wharf, which similarly has the name and logo at the top.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Why pay £6.50 for a photograph that is hidden in your wallet most of the time... ???
    Indeed, I don't understand it either.

I did once have a 'personalised' card in the sense that it had my photo on it. That seemed like a useful security measure to me, but in reality I didn't ever see anybody checking my face against the photo (which was perhaps why the idea didn't catch on!).
    Stompa
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Ive ordered one. :D Will be interesting to see if it gets allowed through cos there is a logo on the top that someone in the pic is wearing.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • AMG762
    AMG762 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Why pay £6.50 for a photograph that is hidden in your wallet most of the time... ??? What next a cashpoint that allows Facebook access for 20p a throw...

I think its great to carry a photograph of the chidren in my wallet at all times.

Also its much more hard wearing than having a standard printed photo in my wallet of the kids

Also at the moment they are not charging;)
  • thatsean
    thatsean Posts: 992 Forumite

Because it's fun? And £6.50 is a pretty useless sum of money, so I'm happy enough with it. Although I went with one of the Barclays designs - a toy robot playing a drum, rather amusing I thought.
  • Maybe might go for one lol
    My local Barclays advisor has already got one (since staff + their family/friends get it also for free) looks nice I must say :)
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Mine's been allowed through - yay :j

I got the email earlier.. also seems I've not been charged. Cant wait to see it :)
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure