Are LG TVs a good make?!

Please could someone advise me if LG TVs are any good? I am trying to choose between these 2:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE32A559P-Widescreen-1080P-Freeview/dp/B0015C58RW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1222114422&sr=8-2

and

http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/lg/37lf66.html

Would prefer the LG one but is Samsung a better make or are you paying for the name but no better quality? Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• wanye
    wanye Posts: 216 Forumite
    my previous (CRT) tv was an LG. it worked perfectly for the last 5 years or so.

only got rid of it because of its size (32" widescreen) after getting a new 32" samsung lcd.

would buy again, but as samsung are one of the biggest makers of lcd panels, i would possibly choose them over lg. it all depends on how much more it will cost though. i got a 32" samsung for £350 from dixons. and it is *brilliant* - really good quality and all the inputs i will ever need. if you have a specific model in mind try looking for posts about it on avforums.co.uk

HTH
  • Find a couple of showrooms that sell these tvs and get demos. No one should ever buy any tv without actually looking at the picture quality and assessing it for themselves. This is more important now than ever giving the variable quality of the various LCD screens.
    "...IT'S FRUITY!"
  • i would tend to go for LG over Samsung,but it is much better if you go into a store where you can compare for yourself the different models, it is very important i think.
    then just look for the model you like on the net to find it cheaper.
  • flang
    flang Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    My LG LCD tv remote stopped working after 2 years and It does not appear to work with oneforall.
    Also my 19inch LG TFT monitor only works when cold, if you turn it off then turn it on the display is blank, wait an hour and it works again!
    I wouldnt by an LG again unless its cheap!
  • No one should ever buy any tv without actually listening to the sound quality and assessing it for themselves and take along your fav. dvd.
  • isnt Lg Sonys company anyway, so Sony make the Tv's but just put a different brand on them, meaning the Tv's are actually alot better than people think,,
  • j1mgg
    j1mgg Posts: 124 Forumite
    i have 2 lg hdtvs. The first i have had for nearly 2years and it is a 22" ws which i have no problems with and is used for my ps3 and connecting my laptop and has had many gaming sessions lasting upto 8hrs at a time with no problems. I have a 42" one in the living room which has been flawless but have only had this for about a year.

I dont think sony owns lg either.
  • I happened to be looking at the weekend, to my eyes LG and Samsung stood out as the two clearest, closely followed by Panasonic, so I would agree and say go look for yourself but the LG looked good
  • I recently bought a new TV and for quite a while I was debating over a Samsung model or LG.
    My previous 32" LCD was LG and has been a great servant for about 4 years.
    Why get rid of it? That's just me. The TV was great and it has gone on to another house.

After hearing the sound quality on the Samsung (can't remember the model) I was not impressed.
    The Simpsons movie was playing.

Then I found it - the LG 37LG5010 - just perfect for me.
    Great picture, great sound, great look and great quality
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport