can you use other peoples' tesco vouchers??

Is it possible to use other peoples vouchers, as I know a few people who get them and just use them against there food shop.THey are willing for me to give them the cash equivalent so I can use them on the deals.cheers for any help on this matter.

Comments

• Deedee73
    Deedee73 Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Bumperoo, as I want to know this as well! :)
    Sig ah Sig Ahhh
  • Yes, if its a named points coupon then you can. But make sure you either give them your clubcard before they scan your shopping, or give them your keyfob one. This is so they don't check the name.

Jake
  • weaver
    weaver Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    leachy wrote:
    Is it possible to use other peoples vouchers, as I know a few people who get them and just use them against there food shop.THey are willing for me to give them the cash equivalent so I can use them on the deals.cheers for any help on this matter.

If you are using them on deals the way to do this is -

Get the person to order the deal for you - as deals can only be send to the clubcard holder.
    They give you the deal token & you pay them cash for the tokens.

sounds complex but its really easy

This is how it works if you buy them off ebay. You win the auction the buyer then sends for the deal you ask them for, and they post the actual deal tokens out to you.
    Thanks to everyone who posts comps :T
  • zippybungle
    zippybungle Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    You aren't supposed to, BUT...My DP has a different Clubcard (we have different surnames). When the Clubcard vouchers arrive I turn them into 'Deals' vouchers (on line) the Deals vouchers them arrive with MY name on.

Zippy x
    :p Busy working Mum of 3 :wave:
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    if you mean converting their clubcard points from the mailing statements, it depends. on some deals you can (restaurants), on some you can't - (holidays, airmiles), there'll be a thread on here somewhere.

also, they have to convert them for you - if you try to do it tesco can just cancel the vouchers and add the points back on to the original recipient's account.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • zippybungle
    zippybungle Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    weaver wrote:
    If you are using them on deals the way to do this is -

Get the person to order the deal for you - as deals can only be send to the clubcard holder.
    They give you the deal token & you pay them cash for the tokens.

sounds complex but its really easy

This is how it works if you buy them off ebay. You win the auction the buyer then sends for the deal you ask them for, and they post the actual deal tokens out to you.

It is better if all the Deals vouchers have the same surname on though.
    If the OP turns the Clubcard vouchers into Deals vouchers herself then the Deals vouchers would arrive with Her name on.
    :p Busy working Mum of 3 :wave:
  • weaver
    weaver Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    Zippybungle I dont think the OP can do this.

Ive in the past had to send my clubcard vouchers in to redeam them for the deal vouchers. The clubcard deal tokens are sent only to the original person. I have then given the tokens to a friend and she paid me for the clubcard vouchers I redeemed

so even if OP sends in the clubcard voucher the actual deal token will get sent to the person whose name is on the clubcard.

As already stated by oliveoyl this is fine for days out/meal tokens etc but I dont know if the name is actually on the deal token for larger things, so not sure if you can redeal somebody elses tokens for larger items like - MFI, holidays,car hire/hotels

Anyone confirm names are on deal tokens for larger things ??????
    Thanks to everyone who posts comps :T
  • lulu650
    lulu650 Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My local MFI told me that they were not concerned with whose name was on the vouchers. Although I havent tried this with a different surname only my own family ie different forenames.
    Saving money right, left and centre
  • quote [Ive in the past had to send my clubcard vouchers in to redeam them for the deal vouchers. The clubcard deal tokens are sent only to the original person. I have then given the tokens to a friend and she paid me for the clubcard vouchers I redeemed]

You don't need to send them in if you do it on-line, each voucher should have a code on it and you key in the code and then throw the voucher away. I've never had to wait more than 3 days for deals tokens when I've done it on-line.
    :j CRAZY NUTTER NO 16 :j
    :T MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES NO 15 :T
    Since Jan 2007
    Quidco £294, Not smoking £284, Tesco stamps £32, Wilkos £4
    Weight loss start date/weight 1st Feb - 15st 10lb
    Today 12th Mar - 14st 13lb
    vik6525 you are my inspiration xx
  • wokkies
    wokkies Posts: 8,459 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thanks for clearing that up, I have been looking on ebay at the price the clubcard points are going for and the nectar adams vouchers and they are going for more than their face value if you use tesco vouchers for shopping but I always thought you had to hand your clubcard in when cashing them in
    to be updated:;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport