Pay Monthly Designer Handbags?

Options

Comments

• xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    They had some Chloe bags at the Boot Sale on Sunday and they were only about £20 lol!
  • crackerberry
    crackerberry Posts: 834 Forumite
    Options
    Until ten years ago I only ever bought normal high-street bags. When a change of job resulted in better financial fortunes I spent a couple of years replenishing my bag collection with designer bags instead. I spent a small fortune acquiring them but some of them have actually doubled in value or more so though they weren't bought as investments they have turned out to be so. All of the bags have worn well and are still immaculate and since my splurge I haven't bought a handbag since and probably won't for years to come either. So averaged over the years the cost of the bags has probably worked out to be less than what I used to pay annually for high street ones.
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    There are places to buy handbags at "outlet" prices, I have a Mulberry Laptop bag that cost £75 3 years ago, from the outlet store in Biscester Village, I also have a couple of Tula bags that cost about £20 in the sale at Boundary Mill. I like nice bags but I don't like and would not pay the stupid retail prices of designer bags....
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • Wilma33
    Wilma33 Posts: 681 Forumite
    Options
    How much are you thinking of spending and what is your monthly take home pay?
  • kipendo
    kipendo Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Great to know about the outlets!! May pop up to Bicester to see what's around - do they have sales all the time or at particular times of year?

Wilma - I'd probably look at spending around £200, up to an absolute max of £300.

I'm self-employed so don't have a set monthly take home as such. I'm usually on at least £100 a day, but obviously I don't necessarily work every working day...
  • crackerberry
    Options
    The "Flannels Fashion" website is worth having a look at. £300 will get you a bag worth twice that, if there's one for that which is to your liking. Its worth a look - checkout the clearance section if you look at the site.
  • crackerberry
    Options
    I've just had a look and there's a couple of Chloe bags on there - £225 (down from £465). Currently totally skint, I wish I hadn't looked now. There's a nice little Gucci evening bag on there I'd snap up.
  • kipendo
    kipendo Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    What a great website! Thank you Crackerberry!!

Nothing jumps out just but will keep a close eye, definitely a great saving. Maybe by then I'll have saved the money...some fabulous shoes on there!!
  • crackerberry
    Options
    It's a brilliant site to keep an eye on. I've had a few things from it, last thing being a Viv Westwood suit reduced from £600 to £200! I've only worn it once...then decided I detested it :-p ... but yes, I'd say its shoes section is the most appealing/tempting.
    Its spot on for delivery too, and everything is packaged beautifully.
  • Amanita_2
    Amanita_2 Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so not going there! I'm currently banned from buying any more bags!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure