TalkTalk TV (formerly Blinkbox) feedback discussion

Comments

• Rosie1980
    Rosie1980 Posts: 149
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I also have been trying to watch Blinkbox films through a Samsung TV and the first few I watched were a dream but my daughter wanted to watch one of the free films and it just keeps cutting out midway through and you can't restart or forward through it so we started it over again only to find the same thing happened. Also the last paid film I watched I ended up having to download to my computer as it was buffering and pausing it made no difference. The user interface on Blinkbox is no where near as smooth and easy to use as Lovefilm, but then you pay less for the service.
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    We were going to watch a Blinkbox movie last night (we have 3 rental codes we got using up the last few £ of clubcard points) until I noticed there are no subtitles!

How backward?! I am moderately deaf so I rely on them.
  • blinkbox_company_representative
    blinkbox_company_representative Posts: 1 Organisation Representative
    Hi Rosie,

Its Dan from blinkbox - Is this still happening, many apologies.
    Best Wishes

Dan
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of blinkbox. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    I'm finding the search function on blinkbox quite frustrating. My DD has suddenly become obsessed with watching anime (japanese animation), so I had a look to see if there is any available on blinkbox. I couldn't find any at first, but I've just realised (through a google search) that there is an anime network called Gong which provides some shows through blinkbox. Its a shame that a search on 'anime' doesn't bring up any suggestions, or that anime doesn't appear as a category in the sidebar at all.
  • I have had my Samsung TV since June. I'm desperately waiting for the Blinkbox app to appear on my TV. Blinkbox said it was working on it, but no date. Samsung said the same then said that it was the App company's problem?? I have bought a few films for my son to watch on his PS3 but don't want to buy any more if I can't watch them on the TV (unless I connect my laptop)
    It's so annoying not knowing when or if it will appear. Does anyone know anything else?
  • Blinkbox is still not available on my Smarthub, any ideas?
  • Hi,
    Does Blinkbox work on any other devices?
    I'm thinking of getting a DLNA compliant Panasonic recorded / HD tuner and it appears to be able to run iplayer / netflix. But no mention of Blinkbox.

Kevin.
  • I like blinkbox but I have a good old fashioned computer connected to my TV, wish I'd seen the 3 films for £2 offer, would definitely do it

the picture quality is so much better than iplayer or 4od

I got an email saying as a loyal customer they have a present for me (I kid you not), give them my address and they'll send it to me, and like the freebie hussey that I am I gave them my address, am now intrigued what this present will be, but a 3 films for £2 of tescos vouchers would be fine.

we tried the free month with netflix but the content is just too old/rubbish to make it worth it (plus we don't watch many films just once in a while so don't want a subscription), same goes for love film so blinkbox seems just another milestone in the development of online (final nail in the coffin of the video shop though) and a natural next step

£3.49 for a film is ok value, but tv programmes seem pricey

all in all I'm very positive about it, but apologies if this thread was aimed at feedback about technical problems with smart TVs

Richard
  • oh and Dan from Blinkbox, make sure your company pays corporation tax on my purchases, I'll not buy from you if I find out you don't.
  • I really like the idea of being able to watch the latest tv programmes from the US on my laptop, but the prices are far too high to ever consider it.
    £1.89 an episode, is an insane price.
    £3 odd for a film that is on for 2.5 hrs.
    But £1.89 for a 30min episode, they must be mad!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure