Orange Swapables - anyone used yet?

Comments

• I opted to change my Orange contract to Panther because of the swappables, mainly for Sky Sports. i have to admit i have rarely used it because the quality is very poor even via wifi. However is watched some of the liverpool v west brom game on ESPN yesterday on 3g and the quality was very near to perfect.

i am very suprised that the stream is as poor as what it is. When your offering contracts with addons like swappables you should at least make sure the quality is worthwhile

i have also used Deezer which is pretty good, decided to swap it for the games and that is a waste of time, so will go back to deezer next month as noth of the others are to my liking. i may give the sat nav a go when its available.

Orange really do need to sort the stream quality out for the TV options
  • I was having similar issues to others where I could only select from a choice of two.
    I am using a Galaxy S2. All weekend this had me stumped. Orange were useless and kept passing it on to other departments. However, I figured it out (for me at least).
    I have set Skyfire as my default browser and so when I clicked the link in my text from Orange it would open in there, but then I thought about using the default in-built browser and VOILA! It worked first time. I reckon this is because Skyfire pre-renders the webpage before sending it to your phone, confusing Orange, where as Browser doesn't.

Can't say this will work for everyone but it has for me just in time for football this evening.
  • 31satara wrote: »
    Your lucky you've got anything!
    I'm still getting nowhere with Orange trying to get my swapables. I took the Panther plan (blackberry torch 9810, os7) so I could have sky and deezer. The mobile swappables page only offered my mobile tv and astrology! I did try the mobile tv - but it then told me that my handset was not compatable. I'm not prepared to even try the astrology!
    I spoken to several orange customer services people but none seem to really know what's happening or have any answers. I emailed twice, but still no replies......
    I'd be interested to know if your mobile swappables page offers all? And what phone / operating system people are using (that does or doesn't work). Thanks.

I am on a Windows 7.5 OS and have the exact same problem as the above - tut tut - :mad:
  • pcyuljr
    pcyuljr Posts: 115 Forumite
    If somebody could please clarify the following for me I would much appreciate it.

1) If I am using 3G sat in my car and watch Sky Sports 1 does this come out of 750mb allowance OR is it completely free (based on the fair use policy) as it is one of my swapables? On a side point, I assume my data manager will be unable to differentiate between the two though and thus it will become impossible to judge how much data I have used and manage my allowance.

2) How do people access their swapables? At the moment I click on the 'Your Orange' app, then click on 'More' then 'Orange World' then 'Your Orange' and finally 'Your Swapables'. Obviously not the most convenient or smooth way to access them.

3) Has anybody used the Games swapables? The offer is being able to download 2 games a month. However when I have selected a game to download it says I will be charged (eg a £1) and that I have to enter a code to confirm payment. I can't see anywhere the option for free downloads.
  • 31satara
    31satara Posts: 14 Forumite
    It's looking like the handset/operating system is critical. My new blackberry torch 9810 on os 7 isn't compatable as far as orange are concerned. By putting the sim into a htc desire (listed as compatable) it all worked as it should and I was able to select deezer and sky. Back in the torch deezer works fine but not sky. (The sky did work when I put the sim back in the desire). I assume therefore that not all apps can work with all operating systems/handsets and orange are yet to update and improve their system to cover more, or to check and show those that could work such as deezer on the torch 9810 using bb 7.
  • rodneym wrote: »
    I have also connected my phone to my flat screen TV to watch the match, but thats a different issue....

What issue does this have? Watching the Sky Sports TV Swapable plugged into my TV is one of the main reasons I'm thinking of getting Orange Panther... Does it not work?

Thanks
  • Sky swappable now working on my BB torch using bb 7.
  • I'm pleased things are working on your BB now, are you using Sky Sports?

If so, what is the quality like? I'm currently deciding whether to leave my current provider for Orange, the only difference being Sky Sports with Orange.

Thanks for any info.
  • I took out my contract on Nov 25th due to swapables and saving money from o2, had i realized the difference in quality i may not have moved. Cant believe a major company cannot get the quality right when O2 can. I have emailed the CEO to complain so hopefully will hear back from them by next Friday.

Mike
  • Hi Mike / Jusael

I presume you mean Orange are worse quality but with respect to what?

Is it the customer service, call quality? Or specifically the swapables and specifically Sky Sports? Is it not very good?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport