harveys furniture head office telephone number

Hello Guys

I am having major problems with Harveys, does anybody know the telephone number for the their head office - Amberley House, Purfleet, Thurrock - RM19 1NZ.

I have tried talking to the staff on their normal number 0844 3721000 but it is impossible to have a grown-up conversation. I have been in touch with Harveys head office via e-mail but the staff I talk to on 0844 3721000 will not give me the head office telephone number!! (they say the are not allowed to give out the number!!!)

Any help would really be appriciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Thanks mrcol1000 I will give it a go!
  • Have tried the number, goes straight into a message minder, tried option 0 to get to a receptionist but no joy! They don't want telephone calls at head office!!! Anybody else got their number???
  • Just to let you know I found the number 01708 869146

It does say on the recorded message that customer service is now dealt with on 0844 3721000 which is the number where the staff know nothing! I hung on and spoke to the reception and asked to speak with Mark (who I have been e-mailing for the last few months) and she said he doesn't work here try calling 0844 3721000 I said I just have called that number and been told Mark works at this number. I get put on hold for a few minutes and then low and behold Mark comes on the line!!! So he is there!

What a bloody nightmare!! Word of caution if you ever want a new sofa - don't order it from Harveys!! Order date 25th May 2009 - still waiting!!!!!!!!
  • I bought a Three and Two seater recliner about 8 months ago from the Greatwestern road store. I was told it was real leather by the sales person so we got it delivered out.. A few weeks ago the leather started to rip and burst and the recliners pop out at the slighters movement on the floor.. I have a 11 month old little girl who has a brain condition therefor if it was to come out and hit her on the head would be very serious. I had an inspecter out thismorning who basicaly told me that it was unrepairable and much to my surprise it isnt even real leather its Vinal and basicaly if we get another it will just do the same thing. So i called the store and spoke with the manager regarding being miss sold the suite as it isnt real leather, i was told i was wrong they would never have told me that and very cheeky.. I called customer services who were of no help at all so i called the number that you had provided and spoke with the receptionisnt who said she would get a manager to phone me back within48 hours after telling her this wasnt good enough and that i had already contacted Trading Standers as well as asking for the Chairman of the Companys name to write a complaint directly to him, I have just had someone called Mike call me within half an hour to say go down to the Greatwestern Store and chose a new Suite just now which will be delivered out for three. So everyone keep digging your heals in and you will get somewhere. I work for a well known Retail Company's head office and believe me when you start to mention the Chairman of the company you are sure to get what you want x x
  • Hi Raindrops/Ilovecheese

Did you have any luck with this as i am in the process of trying to go further with my complaint. I have faulty goods and it has taken 9weeks with no progress so I am still at square one!

Any feedback would be very much appreciated

Thanks
  • thank you for posting this email address. We have just had and still having problems with an order from Harveys (we at least have part of the order now), and customer service have been useless!! Will try this to see how far I get.
  • righter
    righter Posts: 89 Forumite
    watchdog...
  • I have a similar tale to Ash 13.we bought 2 and 3 seater leather effect sofas from their Bolton store which were delivered in April 2010. this summer a small split appeared on one of the seats which quickly spread. we sent in a claim under the 3 year insurance we had been sold to Guardsman insurance who sent an independent accessor to look at the sofa on September 16th , The splits had multiplied by this time and he said the vinyl had parted company with the lining and he would send his report to Guardsman. After hearing nothing for 2 months I contacted themand was told spare parts had been ordered but nothing further had happened so they would get it sorted. On Friday I received a letter turning down the claim on the grounds that it was n't a sudden accidental tear but a fault in the fabric so was n't covered.I shall now follow your advice and try to contact Harvey's head office and ask for the chairman's name.I shall keep you posted .If i have no joy i shall get onto The Guardian's consumer editors or even someone like Dom Littlewood on the BBC
  • I ordered my 3 piece suite from harveys on the 30th of aug this year, and still have not received it, every time i phone customer service they fob me off saying they will be getting in touch with me. Also phoned the shop where i ordered it in plymouth, and still no joy. Im thinking of taking it to watchdog, im so stressed about it all, i have nothing to sit on, as we got rid of our old settee as we renovated the lounge. Please dont not order anything from Harveys.
  • OMG I am really worried now! I have come across so much information about Harvey's Furniture I fear that my husband and I have made on gigantic mistake!

We ordered our suite on 12 September 2011 and paid our deposit, two weeks before we moved into our new home on 23 September. The store person who took our order told us that it would take about 6 weeks to get the suite. When she actually placed the order it became 11 weeks. However, she put a note on the system to say 'required urgently'. Luckily we have a copy of that!

After chasing up our order I discovered that somewhere between us placing our order with the store and the store sending the order to 'whoever?- some idiot put a note on our order to say that we didn't require the goods until 28 November. Apparently WE asked them to do this. Yeah right! We love sitting on garden chairs in our lounge - it's so much fun.

After a lot of complaining to Customer Services we 'supposedly' (never got this in writing - or an apology for THEIR !!!! up!) had this error removed from our order. But then - suddenly their was going to be a further two week delay on our delivery. Making it 13 weeks - almost 14 now since we ordered it!

I have had to chase this order so many times it's untrue. We have only ever had one person call us back and it was the store we ordered it from who said that they 'weren't responsible for delays'.

We have been fed so much 'rubbish' that it's untrue. We have received a bucket full of 'Sorries' but no further information. Customer Services are a total waste of time - they just NEVER seek out the information for you or return your calls.

After ringing Trading Standards we sent Harvey's Complaints Dept a recorded delivery letter and it took them 3 weeks to reply which said no more than their Customer Services.. Sorry for the delay!

We have now been told (after my having to chase them AGAIN) our suite is on a crate that came into their depot yesterday (13th December) and that our delivery will take place on 23 December. Needless to say we have got to pay the balance £1k before they will deliver it. I am so scared that once they have the balance we will not see this suite and we have no other funds available to buy anything else once we have paid them! Couldn't sleep last night for worrying about it! We will naturally pay via Credit Card but that isn't the point!

I can only hope that they do deliver but from what I have read and from watching the BBC Watchdog Video online - I have NO FAITH in Harvery's and I suspect, from what I have read, our troubles are not over yet!

BEWARE - get EVERYTHING in WRITING - they deny EVERYTHING!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure