Making payments to Barclaycard

kendie
kendie Posts: 76 Forumite
Is it just me or is anyone else having major difficulties making payments to Barclaycard. I have for over 8 years made my payments on-line. Well that all changed around last October. Tried to make a payment and it got rejected with a message telling me to contact my Bank! Very helpful. I rang through to customer services and was told my debit card wasn't registered. They registered the card and took the payment for me. November came and I tried to pay on-line. It got rejected and I had to ring through customer services. This time I was told it looked like I had made a payment and I needed to wait two days to see if it was debited from the bank account. No money was debited so I had to ring customer services back. December same thing happened and in January and February. By which time I was extremely annoyed. I try to pay on-line, I can't and then I need to wait to pay by phone. I began to think Barclaycard were making it as difficult as possible for me to make my payment so that I would miss the payment deadline. I pay my balance off every month, so Barclaycard make no money out of me. So I wrote to Barclaycard. I got a reply saying they were looking into my complaint and I would hear back by 1st April. I received another letter saying that they were still looking into my complaint and that I would hear back by the end of April. I received a letter back last week saying "with regard to the IT issues in respect of our website, we are aware of the impact this issue is having on our customers and I can assure that Barclaycard are working toward resolving this issue as a matter of urgency". The letter then goes onto say "for the purposes of the Financial Ombudsman Service you may regard this letter as our "Financial Response" to you complaint'. They haven't answered my complaint - just told me what I already know!

On one occasion on rinigng through to make a payment a very snotty customer services woman told me that in future I could ONLY make payment by the automated service and I was NOT to ring through to customer services. Both times I have tried to make a payment on the automated line it has been rejected. Tonight I have just tried to make a payment and it got rejected. I went through to customer services and they told me it because I had an old address registered with the card! I've not moved for 7 years so that cannot be possible.

They keep trying to make me pay by direct debit, but I want to be in control of my money and I think if they offer a service to pay on-line then that should be made available to everyone. In my opinion 7 months to fix a website problem is excessive.

Anyone else having problems paying Barclaycard.

Comments

• novagirl
    novagirl Posts: 1,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I just pay from my online bank account to my Barclaycard account..no problems so far with that. BUT I can't log on to the Barclaycard website for love nor money. Given up with the customer services line!
  • terafarma
    terafarma Posts: 105 Forumite
    kendie wrote: »
    Is it just me or is anyone else having major difficulties making payments to Barclaycard. I have for over 8 years made my payments on-line. Well that all changed around last October. Tried to make a payment and it got rejected with a message telling me to contact my Bank! Very helpful. I rang through to customer services and was told my debit card wasn't registered. They registered the card and took the payment for me. November came and I tried to pay on-line. It got rejected and I had to ring through customer services. This time I was told it looked like I had made a payment and I needed to wait two days to see if it was debited from the bank account. No money was debited so I had to ring customer services back. December same thing happened and in January and February. By which time I was extremely annoyed. I try to pay on-line, I can't and then I need to wait to pay by phone. I began to think Barclaycard were making it as difficult as possible for me to make my payment so that I would miss the payment deadline. I pay my balance off every month, so Barclaycard make no money out of me. So I wrote to Barclaycard. I got a reply saying they were looking into my complaint and I would hear back by 1st April. I received another letter saying that they were still looking into my complaint and that I would hear back by the end of April. I received a letter back last week saying "with regard to the IT issues in respect of our website, we are aware of the impact this issue is having on our customers and I can assure that Barclaycard are working toward resolving this issue as a matter of urgency". The letter then goes onto say "for the purposes of the Financial Ombudsman Service you may regard this letter as our "Financial Response" to you complaint'. They haven't answered my complaint - just told me what I already know!

On one occasion on rinigng through to make a payment a very snotty customer services woman told me that in future I could ONLY make payment by the automated service and I was NOT to ring through to customer services. Both times I have tried to make a payment on the automated line it has been rejected. Tonight I have just tried to make a payment and it got rejected. I went through to customer services and they told me it because I had an old address registered with the card! I've not moved for 7 years so that cannot be possible.

They keep trying to make me pay by direct debit, but I want to be in control of my money and I think if they offer a service to pay on-line then that should be made available to everyone. In my opinion 7 months to fix a website problem is excessive.

Anyone else having problems paying Barclaycard.
    Barclaycard online payment service is working fine. I have been making payments via their online payment facility without any problems in the last two months.

All you need to do is log-in, choose the make a payment option, you can then choose to pay off all your balance , or make a partial payment using your debit card. You may, for peace of mind also make additional payment through your internet bank account.

Setting up a Direct debit mandate to pay the minimum or maximum amount gives one peace of mind from late or missed monthly due amount penalty charge(s). A Direct debit mandate can be set-up online, via their website, i.e, your online Barclaycard account. I'm a firm advocate of Direct debit for the peace of mind, safeguard and guarantee that it provides.

Back to your question, yes the website and online payment facilities are working fine since when last used two days ago.
    Money is like a bird.....if mishandled, will simply fly away....
  • Your correct!! As an employee, I deal with this complaint on a weekly basis. There is a problem with their payment system. It doesn't happen with all cards, but only a select few. It happens regularly both on the internet and on the IVR (automated system). We have been advised that the relevant departments are working on a solution but have yet to correct this issue, which has been going on for a number of months.

The only way round this is to setup a direct debit (free) or a standing order at your bank. You can also send a payment through your main bank's internet banking website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure