Ideal World TV shopping - muppets!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    have you emailed them as well.. asking for some kind of compensation for all your hassles.. worth a try
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • oldandhappy
    oldandhappy Posts: 966 Forumite
    Remember not to use their 0871 premium rate money spinner, use 01733 887123 for CS.

Just to add that CS rang me this morning and the number they used was
    01733 316200. You really have to be firm with them....even threaten them with trading standards if applicable. If you send an email click on the message to request a receipt also...your much more likely to get a response. Mrs Happy
  • :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I bought a hard skin remover, Happy Feet, for my daughter.It was delivered just over a week later. I had occasion to call my bank about my account and found that Ideal World had charged me twice for the same item. I phoned the order line and told them what had happened and He tried to put me through to customer services. After several minuets He said He was going to stop to save me money.I was then given their customer service number and told to ring them myself, which I did several times, upto twenty minuets sometimes before someone finally answered. She said she would pass it on to someone in IT and they would call me in three or four days.That was last week.Still have not heard from them.I am a pensioner and cannot afford to pay twice for the same thing and all the calls to them.Thankyou for the phone number, I will try that and see if I get anywhere.
  • nealallen
    nealallen Posts: 2,605 Forumite
    Smiley_Mum wrote: »
    Parcelforce delivered the parcel, they didn't knock at the door or anything - I was in. Just dumped it at my door, it could have been nicked if it hadn't of been for my neighbour taking it in. She just came around with it just now. Just looked at the electronic signature and it's just the delivery driver's initials. Apparently despatched on the 28th of March, delivered on the 5th of April, taken in by neighbour (thankfully) and received on the 6th. So much for 48 hour delivery. The goods arrived in the end but what a flipping palavver.

If you're saying they delivered it withut anyone signing for it, I would call them and say that you are still waiting for it. They have no proof either way. You get another one or money back.

Something for your trouble at least ;)
    Please do not feed the Trolls!
  • kuohu
    kuohu Posts: 913 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    nealallen wrote: »
    If you're saying they delivered it withut anyone signing for it, I would call them and say that you are still waiting for it. They have no proof either way. You get another one or money back.

Something for your trouble at least ;)

This is a moneysaving site, not a site promoting fraud/theft.
    DFW Nerd 035
  • I unfortunately have had a similar experience with Ideal World, and am still waiting delivery.
    I was initially told 5 to 10 days and now 21 days later am still waiting, in soite of several phone calls and E mails ( I have noted the alternate phone number my thanks for this) I will allow another few days, but in the event of non deliery will go round personally as I only live approximately 30 mile away.
    My thanks for all the information on this site and hasten to add this will be my last purchase from this load of MUPPETS.
  • I usually only use IE for "Create and Craft" promoted craft materials and have had no problems with that but on occasional forays into other products there have been delays, lost products, "duff" products and failure to refund. Usually on the same product!!!

The ASA is the way to go. Email them with full details and they will take on your problem. I've done it once and thereafter only had to threaten then in writing for the problem to be miraculously resolved.
  • Hello, I'm having trouble with an ideal world order, I sent an e-mail with a reply saying it would be dealt with within 7days. The alternate numbers don't seem to work, tried 01733 887155 and 01733 887123 ?? I won't be dealing with them again if this is what it cost to query an order. Any advice gratefully received.
  • I placed my first order on-line last month. It was showing as low stock so I was congratulating myself for getting one before they all ran out. Fourteen working days later I still hadn't received it, so e-mailed, only to receive the reply that they would get back to me within five working days. I didn't want to wait that long, so phoned, only to be told that the item was out of stock so I wouldn't be getting it, but I would not be charged.

I had paid by credit card, and surprise, surprise, it turned up on that month's credit card statement. I phoned again, to be told I had to post them a copy of the statement to the Refunds Department and it would all be sorted out.

How crap is that? I have to pay the credit card company for an item I haven't received, so as not to be charged interest. I won't be ordering from them again. QVC for me! I've never had a problem with them.
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    I ordered once from Ideal World - after many emails to and fro they finally told me that it was now out of stock. The helpline was awful and couldn't understand what I wanted, let alone me understand them.

It took 5 months and 3 recorded letters, the final being a 7 day I'll take you to court notice then they finally refunded, but I never received any letters from them about it whatsoever!

QVC have always been great. More or less!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure