Aircon Regas

Gavhough
Gavhough Posts: 51 Forumite
Now it is starting to warm up a little, does anybody know of any good aircon regasing deals?
Thanks all

Comments

• Sgt_Pepper_2
    Sgt_Pepper_2 Posts: 3,644 Forumite
    You need to get the leak sorted first.
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Gavhough wrote: »
    Now it is starting to warm up a little, does anybody know of any good aircon regasing deals?
    Thanks all

Formula One currently have a special offer for air-con regas of £29.00 :)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • I hate to say it but Kwik Fit normally do offers around this time of year for £25 or so. The machine they use is completely automated so before everyone starts jumping in and saying how incompetent their staff are, they *can't* !!!! it up. A friend of mine works there and did my car for me a few years back.

Be warned though if your air conditioning does not work AT ALL now it is possible it has a leak. This will need to be fixed before it can be gassed up and could potentially be very expensive.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Gavhough wrote: »
    Thanks all

Hate to say it as well but Kwik Fitt will do a recharge for £29.99 and an aircon service for £49.
  • pinkmouse
    pinkmouse Posts: 55
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have just bought a car with air con. I've never had one before so I didn't know that it needed regassed. How often do you need to do this? The car I have is an 08 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Auto.

Thank you!
  • worried_jim
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    pinkmouse wrote: »
    I have just bought a car with air con. I've never had one before so I didn't know that it needed regassed. How often do you need to do this? The car I have is an 08 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Auto.

Thank you!

Air Conditioning Re-Gas

It is recommended that you should recharge your air conditioning system every 2 years with gas and lubricant, in order to keep it running efficiently. This is not included as part of a routine car service and so it can often be overlooked. If your car is more than 2 years old it is more than likely due a re-gas.

This service ensures that your air conditioning system is working efficiently by testing the gas pressure to see if it has dropped. A drop in gas pressure will result in a loss of cooling efficiency which will make your engine work harder and in turn use more fuel.

Due to it's dehumidifying properties, when operating fully efficiently, your air conditioning system will also de-mist your windscreen more rapidly in cold weather.
  • pinkmouse
    pinkmouse Posts: 55
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks Jim. I will take it and get it done then :)
  • worried_jim
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    pinkmouse wrote: »
    Thanks Jim. I will take it and get it done then :)

If it hasn't been done for a while you should notice a difference, it will be as cold as a fridge, some place will give you a money back guarantee if there is no difference.
  • avantra
    avantra Posts: 1,327
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I hate to say it but KwikFit do the recharge for around £30, this includes topping up the oil in the AC system.

If the regas don't work they will not take any money. If you have a leak get it sorted first.
    Five exclamation marks the sure sign of an insane mind!!!!!

Terry Pratchett.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    avantra wrote: »
    I hate to say it but KwikFit do the recharge for around £30, this includes topping up the oil in the AC system.

If the regas don't work they will not take any money. If you have a leak get it sorted first.

Definitely use Kwik Fit. If they cant make it cooler they dont charge you PLUS if theres a leak they will tell you where it is. The pointed the pipe out to me on my 407 and i got one from Peugeot for £12 and fitted it myself. Took the car back and they regassed it!

:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport