PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Tips and recipes for Magimix

I have just picked up Magimix 4100 for for a song................ £8 to be precise!!

I did have the smaller original model many years ago, but this one with the three bowls etc looks really exciting. It looks fab just sitting on the worktop. I am just itching to make best use of it.

What are your favourite recipes and tips for using it? I'd love to hear please.

Comments

• Mine is fantastic for zapping soups, and I think you will find the bowls will be great for chopping onions, breadcrumbs etc
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It matters not if you try and fail, and fail and try again;[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]But it matters much if you try and fail, and fail to try again.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Stick to it by R B Stanfield
    [/FONT]
  • stilernin
    stilernin Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Thanks for your reply wogglemaker, I do make a lot of soup so that is a good idea.

I have seen 'magimix' cookery books in charity shops in the past, and was wondering if any of you have favourite recipes or unusual uses for your machines.

Perhaps all of the OSers here prefer Kenwood mixers and breadmakers :o
  • Wow, £8 - what a bargain! I love my Magimix. Had it for years and although it looks a bit the worse for wear it is still going strong. I find it is a godsent when I am doing my batch cooking for curries and bolognese. I have saved gallons of tears over the years by letting it chop the onions. Does the 4100 have the small bowl as well? That is actually really good for making pesto, curry paste (or any sort of spice paste really) and mayonnaise. Mine came with a recipe booklet but I have never used it.
    :cheesy::cheesy: Cheese… milk's leap toward immortality :cheesy: :cheesy:
    Clifton Fadiman
    Feb'11 - GC: £105.89/£125 - NSD: 15:j
    Mar'11 GC: £3.84/£100 - NSD: 0
  • falady
    falady Posts: 584 Forumite
    hi there,

Hubby and i got a magimix in the summer as a wedidng present (used vocuhers from different people to buy it) and I love it! its great for making breadcrumbs, pates, preads, stuffings, slicing veg thinly for gratins, colslaw etc. If you go to the magimix website think you can download the recipe booklet that comes with a new machine.

Good luck!

Ali
    Not Buying It 2015 :)
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    wow what a fantastic bargain,i wanted one for xmas but OH refused to buy me one.
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,111 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well done, that's a real bargain!

I use mine (5200) for...
    • slicing large quantities of onions (using the slicing disk), but make sure you leave the room after taking the lid off!
    • grating parmesan (there's a special disk for that!)
    • grating cheese, grating carrots (for salad/carrot cake), slicing veg for soup/casseroles
    • make vast quantities of cake batter (often using the all-in-one method), which can be separated to make it different flavours if needed before cooking
    • beating up to 16 eggwhites at once for e.g. meringue/pavlova/tiramisu
    • Soup
    • Houmous & other dips (tapenade, baba ganoush, smoked mackeral pate)
    I also have a magimix juicer, and use the centrifuge in the food processor as a sieve e.g. for tomato soup to get rid of pips & skins

Keep it on your work surface, and you'll use it constantly... you're VERY lucky!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure