Sainsbury's School Uniform Bargains

Options

Comments

• shiv76
    Options
    I bought boys trousers at the merton branch yesterday, and when it rings through the till it comes up at full price. it is only when the sales assistant totals the shopping total that the discount is taken off. therefore if you ask for a price check it will give you the full price and not the discounted rate. I am not sure if this is country wide but i can't see why not.
  • shelby161
    Options
    Shiv76- i had the same experience yesterday.I asked SA to sacn and they came up full price as well.When it totals your spend it takes 50% off .I discovered this as i really liked the fit of the trousers and was a bit dissapointed they werent reduced but decided to get them anyway!This was in the Filton Bristol branch-hth someone.
  • shoe*gal_2
    Options
    Ours is half price on some trousers but only a pound off on others now. It's a bit cheeky making you get them through the till before you find out whether it is 50% off or only a small amount.
  • quietheart
    quietheart Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Half price at Solihull, reductions only came off at the end of the transaction though so maybe price checks aren't working.
    Got 3 x boys trousers, 2 x PE shorts, 2 x rugby tops, 6 x collared t-shirts all for £12. So glad I didn't buy them sooner!
  • choccyface2006
    Options
    I got 3 polo shirts for £1.05 too, bargain! That was at Northwich store, they didn't have much left though. Northwich M&S had school shirts for £1.50 for a 3 pack I noticed.

Sarah
  • spuds_2
    spuds_2 Posts: 874 Forumite
    Options
    Now 75% off at my local Sainsburys - however, didn't seem like the tills were set up right as all packs of shirts went through at £1.20, whether they were the bigger more expensive sizes or not. Two pairs of trousers for £1.20. Quite a lots of boys and girls white shirts left, red and white polo shirts, a few trousers, no skirts or jumpers/cardigans. This was in Sale.
  • babyangel10
    Options
    No reductions shown at Wyvern Derby as of yesterday, but definitely will have a go at what shiv76 says and see if they come up reduced after going thru the till. Can always get a refund if not I suppose.

Thanks OP :)
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good heads up I'll try my local one tomorrow.................

EM xx
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • helenhugs
    helenhugs Posts: 1,149 Forumite
    Options
    I managed to get 4 pairs of age 11 boys trousers for £1.95 a pair & 2 3 packs of girls school polo shirts for £1.05 each. So £6 for the lot, bargain.
    They weren't marked as reduced & for some reason the smaller boys trousers weren't reduced.
    This was Sainsburys oxney road in Peterborough.
    Hugs
    Helen
    We don't need to do it perfectly - good enough is exactly that GOOD ENOUGH.
    Good Enough Club member number 8
    :j £2 coin club = now in a sealed tin so I'm not sure
  • froggy27_2
    Options
    1/2 price in Savacentre, Merton but only at the till...DD 's starting school next year so getting ready for it!......
    A friend is a present which you give yourself (R.Stevenson)
    Happiness seems made to be shared (Jean Racine)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure