NTL How to get 1.5mb service for 750kb price

Comments

• Tony_H_3
    Tony_H_3 Posts: 2,643
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We got our services @ different times, and I have tried with TV & Telephone and am simply told "Tough, you signed a 12 month contract"......

That's why this advertising mistake was a blessing in disguise for me!! ;)
  • Tony_H_3
    Forumite
    Sooooo have any of you folks secured a free upgrade yet?
  • Reyes
    Reyes Posts: 5 Forumite
    Well, yes I have managed to get onto the 1.5m (from 600/700k) for £18.99 (from 24.99) today but.. only for six months - they said that's as far as they could go.

So yes I am pleased about that.

More than doubled the speed for six pounds less !!!

Taa,one an' all.
  • Tony_H_3
    Forumite
    Have you had a contract for less than 12 month's or are you an NTL veteran?
  • I did also post about a week ago....
    I managed to get the 750k service down to £12.49 a month for the next 6 months. They also told me to call back then if I was still unhappy and I could renegotiate.
    The department I dealt with was called the "retention" department. I was passed through after saying that I was considering cancelling the service.
    Broadband is now so competitive it is definitely worth negotiating....what have you got to lose? ;)
  • Reyes
    Reyes Posts: 5 Forumite
    Tony H,

I have been with them for 18 months now....
  • dfarry
    dfarry Posts: 928
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You think that is good... well think again ;D

I have been through this special offer/discount thing with NTL and am very happy with the outcome...

There's quite a long thread about it on the NTL forum - http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=18068

and is worth checking out if you want to screw some extra speed out of NTL and no pay any more for the priviledge...

Also are you guys aware of the new year speed increases and caps?
  • Figment
    Figment Posts: 2,643
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm an NTL veteran (been with them 6 years, had broadband for most of them). Currently on the 750K package, with telephone and base analogue TV.

As of 08:59 this morning I was paying £24.99/month for broadband and £13.99/month for telephone and Tv.

After calling Customer Relations with the 'intention of moving my broadband to ADSL to save some money', from 09:01 this morning I am paying £19.99/month for broadband and the telephone/TV discounted by £10.49/month for 12 months.

No new contract, no additional commitment and a saving of £185.88 over the next 12 months :)
    How do I add a signature?
  • On the phone to ntl at the moment although its taking ages to get through. ;D
  • I don't believe it after waiting about 15 minutes or so to get through to them. Ntl have reduced my broadband monthly fee from £24.99 a month to £12.49 a month for 12 months.
    How fantastic is that  ;D

Cheers you lot out there x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family