Ketone Premium/Cleanse premium

I have just been scammed by the company selling these weight loss products. They offer a free trial with reduced postage but its nothing of the sort, its a means of getting you onto a recuring commitement every month for at least £75. Contacted my credit card company and they confirmed immediatly they are aware of the scam and will try to get my money back. Wondering if Martin could give it some bad publicity on here or when hes on a TV program. It may save a lot of silly people like me who are desperate to lose some weight, losing a lot of money. They were previously called Slimtone Plus but keep changing their name to con more people.:mad:

Comments

• Do not use this company. You will not receive any auto emails from them and the telephone number quoted is an automated service. There is no return address. You can contact your bank and raise a chargeback (dispute/ cancel any future payments)
    I did this within 14 days so have only paid the £2.49 per product trial delivery charge.
  • DanE2010
    DanE2010 Posts: 1,898
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    my sister has been stung by this company, took £100 out of her bank without her knowing, she rang the bank and they said they couldnt do anything about it as they had her card number etc so it wasnt a direct debit?

She ended up saying she lost her card in order to stop any future payments being taken as the bank (santander) were useless and wouldnt do anything to stop it happening again.
  • I have also been scammed. No where do they say when we signed up that we have to pay for it. Anyway I've got a reply from the 3 emails I sent to them. I've sent it back by airsure which cost me £13.19 where they have a tracking number and the items are insured up to £500. I am sure that you can get it slightly cheaper but I put the items in 2 bubbles envelopes and lots of tape just to make sure. The address I sent it to is P O Box 113, Shannon, Co Clare, Ireland. The email they sent me also have RMA numbers which you have to put in the front of the envelope. I've notified the credit card company and they mentioned that they have heard of it and assured me that they will not put any more payments through.

Hope this helps.
  • I too fell for this scam. :( I received the trial pills an cancelled the order via ketone within 14 days. I was asked to send the pills back by the 21st jan which I did. Then 37.50 went out of my account. I emailed them to which I got back we haven't received them on our database yet but if u provide proof of postage it will help with refining when we get them. Few days later the 75.00 goes out.
    I've only noticed the other payment yesterday so when I rang the bank I was told the team I need to speak to aren't in until Monday. Obviously I will e cancelling my card. An they shouldn't have taken the money after the account was cancelled. But is there any other advice that people can give me?
  • Cant believe I too fell for this! nowhere did I see these costs, they were well hidden, have tried to call and its is automated so have emailed to get a returns number. I stupidly used my current account and have checked it but so far they have just taken the delivery costs of the products which is ok.
    I am just in touch with my bank now to warn them that I think they will possibly return for more money - will let you know what happens......:(
  • .....what a nightmare in trying to get through to the disputes dept for the Halifax, after going to another country and the woman robotic voice being impossible, she got angry with my frustration and dumped me back in the queue so I hung up and reported my card as lost....didn't know what else to do as another site said it took their bank 15 days to action and they lost a further £137.....yikes! I got the product 6 days ago but only looked today, hopefully I will get the returns number, return the product and will never be so stupid again!
  • Surprising how the banks are reacting differently. I rang my bank yesterday an they said they'd refund the payments by 6 an put a stop on them taking more, money was back in my account last night.
  • ...after seeing elsewhere that just cancelling your card does not stop them getting more money from your bank account I contacted Halifax and got through to the Disputes dept, they advised me that they will put a stop on them and if any money is taken they will refund me as from 10.15 this morning! bit happier but still cross with myself for such an obvious scam if i had been thinking a bit more
  • momoyama
    momoyama Posts: 659 Forumite
    I've just discovered that my wife had been scammed by this company on our joint account debit card and my credit card. I've called both bank numbers. Credit card is essentially sorted but could take up to 6 weeks to recoup my money. Debit card is probably lost money. On the flyer that comes with the products it tells you that by requesting the "free" sample you are signing up to the monthly payments. BUT this wasn't known to my wife in advance. She just followed an advert in the Daily Mail. I wonder therefore if the company aren't in breech of trading standards or something. In regards sending back the product for a refund, as she's had no e-mails or any other information she's wondering if she's outside the 14 days.
  • Has anyone had any problems once reporting their card lost? I am going to do this today and assume as the card number will now be different that they can’t take any further money?
    I’m getting frustrated with my bank as they can’t put any stops on them taking money and they can’t dispute it unless they take any further money.
    Will it be an end to it if I cancel the card? Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure